NEWS BRIEFS

UM license tags available

When it’s time to renew your vehicle’s license plate, why not show your Hurricane spirit with a UM collegiate license tag? When you renew your registration at your local tax collector’s office, simply let them know you want to replace your current tag with a specialty license plate. If it is not time to replace the metal plate (every five years), you will pay a few additional dollars. The UM specialty tags cost an additional $25 each year, which goes back to UM. For more information, contact the Specialty License Plate office at 850-414-2541.

SAFAC seeks freshman delegate

Attention freshmen: A unique opportunity to get involved in student life on the University campus is available to you. The Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC) is seeking applicants for the position of freshman delegate. SAFAC is a highly selective committee of fourteen elected and appointed university students who oversee the budgeting process for all registered student organizations on campus. The committee meets weekly on Wednesdays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. to hear student organizations’ requests for funding and to make decisions on those requests. This is a great opportunity to get involved, enhance communication skills, meet new people, have a voice in how your student activity fee money is spent at UM and have some fun, too! Regular attendance is required, so you must have the time slot (3:30-5:30 p.m.) free on Wednesday afternoons. Applications are available in Whitten University Center, room 209. The deadline for accepting applications is Sep. 5. Any questions? Visit us online at www.miami.edu/safac or email safacum@aol.com.

Richter Library web site revamped

The Richter Library’s web site, recently redesigned and featuring a Flash-based navigation system, is now live. This fall, the site will launch both an e-chat reference service and robust meta-database interlinking system. Faculty and staff are encouraged to have a look at the Richter Library Web log to read more about some of these new services.

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...