NEWS BRIEFS

UM license tags available

When it’s time to renew your vehicle’s license plate, why not show your Hurricane spirit with a UM collegiate license tag? When you renew your registration at your local tax collector’s office, simply let them know you want to replace your current tag with a specialty license plate. If it is not time to replace the metal plate (every five years), you will pay a few additional dollars. The UM specialty tags cost an additional $25 each year, which goes back to UM. For more information, contact the Specialty License Plate office at 850-414-2541.

SAFAC seeks freshman delegate

Attention freshmen: A unique opportunity to get involved in student life on the University campus is available to you. The Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC) is seeking applicants for the position of freshman delegate. SAFAC is a highly selective committee of fourteen elected and appointed university students who oversee the budgeting process for all registered student organizations on campus. The committee meets weekly on Wednesdays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. to hear student organizations’ requests for funding and to make decisions on those requests. This is a great opportunity to get involved, enhance communication skills, meet new people, have a voice in how your student activity fee money is spent at UM and have some fun, too! Regular attendance is required, so you must have the time slot (3:30-5:30 p.m.) free on Wednesday afternoons. Applications are available in Whitten University Center, room 209. The deadline for accepting applications is Sep. 5. Any questions? Visit us online at www.miami.edu/safac or email safacum@aol.com.

Richter Library web site revamped

The Richter Library’s web site, recently redesigned and featuring a Flash-based navigation system, is now live. This fall, the site will launch both an e-chat reference service and robust meta-database interlinking system. Faculty and staff are encouraged to have a look at the Richter Library Web log to read more about some of these new services.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...