Recent crimes reported on UM campus

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Keep in mind that many opportunistic thieves will try to blend into the environment. They will try to dress and act like students, delivery persons or maintenance personnel. If something about a person seems out of place (the uniform is not quite right, not the usual delivery person, etc.), listen to that little voice inside of you and report the suspicious person to the police.

WEDNESDAY August 27

12:58 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
3:52 p.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Burglary
4:41 p.m. 5250 University Dr. Burglary
4:54 p.m. 1000 Memorial Dr. Grand Theft
5:57 p.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Fraud
7:26 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Grand Theft Auto

THURSDAY August 26

10:37 a.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Fraud
3:27 p.m. 5050 Brunson Dr. Burglary

FRIDAY August 29

7:30 a.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Burglary
3:10 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Grand Theft

SATURDAY August 30

4:15 p.m. 5665 Ponce De Leon Sexual Assault

SUNDAY August 31

1:37 p.m. 5202 University Dr Burglary
1:43 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief

MONDAY September 1

9:35 a.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Burglary
12:33 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
1:45 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Burglary
7:35 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Hit and Run
8:36 p.m. 5300 Brunson Dr. Burglary

The Hurricane is currently working to improve police beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

With the seven-run victory, Miami won its ACC Championship opener for the fifth consecutive season. ...

For the second time in three years, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the University of Miami women's t ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...

For the second-straight season, Kevin Arreaga of the Miami track and field team secured a spot at na ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...