Recent crimes reported on UM campus

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Keep in mind that many opportunistic thieves will try to blend into the environment. They will try to dress and act like students, delivery persons or maintenance personnel. If something about a person seems out of place (the uniform is not quite right, not the usual delivery person, etc.), listen to that little voice inside of you and report the suspicious person to the police.

WEDNESDAY August 27

12:58 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
3:52 p.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Burglary
4:41 p.m. 5250 University Dr. Burglary
4:54 p.m. 1000 Memorial Dr. Grand Theft
5:57 p.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Fraud
7:26 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Grand Theft Auto

THURSDAY August 26

10:37 a.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Fraud
3:27 p.m. 5050 Brunson Dr. Burglary

FRIDAY August 29

7:30 a.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Burglary
3:10 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Grand Theft

SATURDAY August 30

4:15 p.m. 5665 Ponce De Leon Sexual Assault

SUNDAY August 31

1:37 p.m. 5202 University Dr Burglary
1:43 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief

MONDAY September 1

9:35 a.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Burglary
12:33 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
1:45 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Burglary
7:35 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Hit and Run
8:36 p.m. 5300 Brunson Dr. Burglary

The Hurricane is currently working to improve police beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...