Recent crimes reported on UM campus

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Keep in mind that many opportunistic thieves will try to blend into the environment. They will try to dress and act like students, delivery persons or maintenance personnel. If something about a person seems out of place (the uniform is not quite right, not the usual delivery person, etc.), listen to that little voice inside of you and report the suspicious person to the police.

WEDNESDAY August 27

12:58 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
3:52 p.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Burglary
4:41 p.m. 5250 University Dr. Burglary
4:54 p.m. 1000 Memorial Dr. Grand Theft
5:57 p.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Fraud
7:26 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Grand Theft Auto

THURSDAY August 26

10:37 a.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Fraud
3:27 p.m. 5050 Brunson Dr. Burglary

FRIDAY August 29

7:30 a.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Burglary
3:10 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Grand Theft

SATURDAY August 30

4:15 p.m. 5665 Ponce De Leon Sexual Assault

SUNDAY August 31

1:37 p.m. 5202 University Dr Burglary
1:43 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief

MONDAY September 1

9:35 a.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Burglary
12:33 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
1:45 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Burglary
7:35 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Hit and Run
8:36 p.m. 5300 Brunson Dr. Burglary

The Hurricane is currently working to improve police beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...