Culture

Eye Filler: THE ROOF IS ON FIRE!

Shit blew up at I/0 Lounge last Sunday with the “good herb” crew from New York, Yerba Buena, as they shook the crowd with a sizzling medley of calypso, salsa, hip hop and afro-beat. You know you wish you saw those Latin mamis shakin’ it as YB was wildin’ out on stage with guitar, harp and percussions. Plus, they sparked it off with a song dedicated to the brown sugar of the weeds (the elusive hash, that is). Now you know you really missed out.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...