Rich kids on A.R.E. and the sober Miamians who hate them

Portions of this article have appeared on Gawker.com and in the New York Post’s Page Six

It’s a humid-as-hell Fourth of July and an edgy Brain McPeck is sizing me up like he’s two seconds and two feet away from flinging a punch at my face inside the downtown club I/O. Sitting beside him sipping a Red Stripe, relatively vexed, is bassist and longtime friend Matt McAuley. One question into the interview and I’m already wondering if these guys are for real.

“We’ll pull the fucking interview right now. Seriously, no more questions about it,” growls the junkie-framed Brain, front man for the utterly insignificant but train wreck chic NYC outfit A.R.E. Weapons.

Color-drained images of Sex Pistol Johnny Rotten pulling this bullshit on Kurt Loder years back mix with muffled fireworks competing in the light-polluted sky outside. Repressed Southern boy confidence aroused from hours of holiday libation and barbecuing diminishes this decidedly minor threat even further. Practically the same build, I can take this guy. So, with a little rephrasing I decide to inquire once more about the band’s thoughts on The Brown Bunny, the recent cinematic Cannes fiasco in which actress Chlo

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...