Hurricane Sports Briefs

Women’s Soccer

The University of Miami soccer team played its final exhibition match of the season against No. 21 Florida Saturday morning at Cobb Stadium.
The Hurricanes had a strong outing the three 30-minute periods. Miami took seven shots on goal compared to four for UF.

“I was pleased with our overall performance today,” said head coach Tricia Taliaferro. “We came in with a set game plan and executed it very well. We will now go in and make some adjustments in preparation for the regular season.”
The two teams were scoreless after the first 30 minutes of play, with Miami taking six shots compared to only two for the Gators.

The only goal of the match came at the 47 minute mark as Amber Presnick of UF scored on a deflected ball by Miami goalkeeper Alex Alford. Miami tallied 13 total shots on the day while the Gators took 12 shots. Freshman keeper Alford made three saves in 90 minutes of action in her first outing as a Hurricane.

Brittni Goodwin of UF made four saves in 45 minutes, while Colleen Donovan made three saves in 45 minutes. Florida took seven corner kicks while Miami took three. Anik Huffman led Miami with three shots.

Miami opens the 2003 season on Friday, Aug. 29 at 5:30 p.m. vs. Indiana in the FAU tournament in Boca Raton, Fla.

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...