Calendar: BIGFOOT bash @ Automatic Slim’s, Hilton sisters’ soiree @ Opium

For the UM kids who didn’t get enough vice their first weekend, our pal, pro skater Joel Meinholz, is throwing “BIGFOOT” bashes at Automatic Slim’s every Monday in tribute to that four-wheeled Deliverance grease dream of the same name.
Everything’s under four “dollas” from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m., with comp’d bevies if you can Smooth Criminal a window on the karaoke machine.
Be a mate and tell your roommates and friends and cool PSY professors and that dood with a boombox on his bike. It’s at 1216 Washington Ave. in SoBe. No rope, No VIP, No Bullsh*t. Chairs.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 29
If you wanna get sweaty with the Hilton sisters, hit up their Ocean Drive magazine party at Opium Garden, 136 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, with Mr. Mauricio and Markus Schulz on the decks. Get on the guest list and maybe you’ll catch us in V.I.P. RSVP Nikki at 305-532-2544 x 403.

Revolver and Filter magazine presents a CD release party for Black Rebel Motorcycle Club’s new album, Take Them On, On Your Own, at Soho Lounge, 175-193 N.E. 36th Street, Miami. 2 for 1 drinks before midnight. Doors open at 11 p.m. 305-576-1988.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 30
The Baboons perform at 10 p.m. at Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami. 305-374-1198.

SUNDAY, AUGUST 31
Yerba Buena (i.e., “good herb” in Spanish) wants to get you high with their funky Latin sounds at I/O Lounge, 30 NE 14 St., Miami. 305-358-8007.

Thumping beats at Ultra Sunset Beach Festival with Paul Van Dyk, Groove Armada, Armand Van Helden and DJ Icey at the Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr. Opens at 9 p.m. 305-673-7311.

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
Better than a wet T-shirt contest: Women’s Mud Wrestling at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami, with performances by 50 Watt Stereo, Clambake, Dream to Riot and others. 305-757-1807.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
Get all lovey-dovey (not!) with Tori Amos and Ben Folds at the Sound Advice Amphitheater, 601 Sansbury’s Way, West Palm Beach. $35-$45. 561-793-0445.

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...