Calendar: BIGFOOT bash @ Automatic Slim’s, Hilton sisters’ soiree @ Opium

For the UM kids who didn’t get enough vice their first weekend, our pal, pro skater Joel Meinholz, is throwing “BIGFOOT” bashes at Automatic Slim’s every Monday in tribute to that four-wheeled Deliverance grease dream of the same name.
Everything’s under four “dollas” from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m., with comp’d bevies if you can Smooth Criminal a window on the karaoke machine.
Be a mate and tell your roommates and friends and cool PSY professors and that dood with a boombox on his bike. It’s at 1216 Washington Ave. in SoBe. No rope, No VIP, No Bullsh*t. Chairs.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 29
If you wanna get sweaty with the Hilton sisters, hit up their Ocean Drive magazine party at Opium Garden, 136 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, with Mr. Mauricio and Markus Schulz on the decks. Get on the guest list and maybe you’ll catch us in V.I.P. RSVP Nikki at 305-532-2544 x 403.

Revolver and Filter magazine presents a CD release party for Black Rebel Motorcycle Club’s new album, Take Them On, On Your Own, at Soho Lounge, 175-193 N.E. 36th Street, Miami. 2 for 1 drinks before midnight. Doors open at 11 p.m. 305-576-1988.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 30
The Baboons perform at 10 p.m. at Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami. 305-374-1198.

SUNDAY, AUGUST 31
Yerba Buena (i.e., “good herb” in Spanish) wants to get you high with their funky Latin sounds at I/O Lounge, 30 NE 14 St., Miami. 305-358-8007.

Thumping beats at Ultra Sunset Beach Festival with Paul Van Dyk, Groove Armada, Armand Van Helden and DJ Icey at the Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr. Opens at 9 p.m. 305-673-7311.

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
Better than a wet T-shirt contest: Women’s Mud Wrestling at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami, with performances by 50 Watt Stereo, Clambake, Dream to Riot and others. 305-757-1807.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
Get all lovey-dovey (not!) with Tori Amos and Ben Folds at the Sound Advice Amphitheater, 601 Sansbury’s Way, West Palm Beach. $35-$45. 561-793-0445.

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...