Culture

Album Reviews: Eat, Study, Party, Sleep, Drink, Party…

and Omar Sommereyns

Roscoe
Young Roscoe Philaphornia
***
That’s why I fucked yo’ bitch, you fat motherfucker. It seems like only high school when 2pac laid down that verse of self-destruction – patented Cali G-funk courtesy of Death Row Records and its Cuban cigar toking, well kempt H.N.I.C Suge Knight. Bring back Tha Row. Enough with 4″9′ Ja Rule and DMX serving God by starring in Steven Segal mafia-funded drivel. Enough.
While Suge’s serving yet another year for allegedly punching a valet in Lost Angeles, we have ol’ DPG Kurupt’s 17 year-old brother Roscoe to remind us how smooth and real the West Coast sound was and is. Smoother than Miami herbicals in a cool breeze, Roscoe simply kills it – nostalgia by numbers – occasionally the delivery is na

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...