Scott Sadowski: SG president gets personal

Student Government President Scott Sadowski, from Waukesha,Wis., inherits the position from Mike Johnston, and is hoping to defend the title that Johnston earned for UM: best student government for the private school sector in Florida, as ranked by Florida Leader Magazine.
However, Sadowski isn’t just about his job. He says he has a “work hard, play hard” mentality”.
For fun, Sadowski enjoys playing intramural sports, including arena football and volleyball. He is also the coach of his basketball team and works out five times a week.
“Working out is a reward to myself,” Sadowski said. “My goal is to maintain consistency.”
Sadowski also likes to go to the Grove and South Beach.
“I like a good mix of both places,” Sadowski said. “That’s the nice thing about Miami: you have those options.”
This summer, Sadowski held an internship at General Electric medical systems. Next summer, he’s setting his sights on Wall Street. Eventually, he hopes to go into corporate finance or investment banking.
Sadowski attributes his success to his parents.
“I got my scholastic drive from my dad, and my involvement qualities from my mom,” he said.
His parents say their son has always has been a team leader of organized sports and various projects in which he has participated.
“He is driven, focused and knows how to rally his team to achieve results,” his father James said.
“Scotty is a unique individual. He always initiates projects for the benefit of others in his community,” his mother Nancy said. “I believe his caring, hard working, and creative character will demonstrate what a great leader he will prove to be.”
Currently, Sadowski is working on many of the issues from his presidential platform, including improving shuttle service around campus and the Grove and working with the Convocation Center [C-Center] to improve parking and student seating.

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...