RSMAS:where the ocean meets the world

Not many students are aware that UM has a marine school, but the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science [RSMAS] is the university’s graduate school for the marine sciences, as well as one of the premier oceanographic research and education institutions in the nation.
RSMAS is located on a 16-acre campus on Virginia Key in Miami, and is the only subtropical applied and basic marine and atmospheric research institute of its kind in the continental U.S.
With more than 100 Ph.D. faculty members, 150 graduate students and 250 support staff comprising the academic community, there are numerous opportunities for multi-disciplinary research and interaction in applied marine physics, marine and atmospheric chemistry, marine biology and fisheries, marine geology and geophysics, meteorology and physical oceanography, and marine affairs and policy.
There are unique opportunities available for graduate students, such as being a researcher onboard Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas, the first-ever cruise ship outfitted with high-tech ocean and atmospheric instruments and science labs. Undergraduate students can participate in Rosenstiel’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program, which allows them to experience graduate level research and school. Through excellence in research and education, the Rosenstiel School is helping to further education in the areas of fisheries, oceans and human health, hurricane warnings, climate change and coral reefs.
For more information, visit www.rsmas.miami.edu or call Sacheen Tavares at 305-361-4629.

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...