RSMAS:where the ocean meets the world

Not many students are aware that UM has a marine school, but the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science [RSMAS] is the university’s graduate school for the marine sciences, as well as one of the premier oceanographic research and education institutions in the nation.
RSMAS is located on a 16-acre campus on Virginia Key in Miami, and is the only subtropical applied and basic marine and atmospheric research institute of its kind in the continental U.S.
With more than 100 Ph.D. faculty members, 150 graduate students and 250 support staff comprising the academic community, there are numerous opportunities for multi-disciplinary research and interaction in applied marine physics, marine and atmospheric chemistry, marine biology and fisheries, marine geology and geophysics, meteorology and physical oceanography, and marine affairs and policy.
There are unique opportunities available for graduate students, such as being a researcher onboard Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas, the first-ever cruise ship outfitted with high-tech ocean and atmospheric instruments and science labs. Undergraduate students can participate in Rosenstiel’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program, which allows them to experience graduate level research and school. Through excellence in research and education, the Rosenstiel School is helping to further education in the areas of fisheries, oceans and human health, hurricane warnings, climate change and coral reefs.
For more information, visit www.rsmas.miami.edu or call Sacheen Tavares at 305-361-4629.

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...