Newly installed webcams film popular areas on campus 24/7

UM has recently installed several Web cams around the Coral Gables campus as well as one at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. These cameras provide live, streaming video 24/7 in the following areas:

Lake Osceola &
Cobb Fountain
This is a live shot from atop the McDonald Tower, a residential hall, facing northwest. In the foreground is Lake Osceola and Cobb Fountain, and behind that is the School of Music’s Weeks Center and the Clarke Recital Hall. Other buildings in view are the Gusman Concert Hall, the School of Law, Ungar building, and the Richter Library. The tall building in the background is the world famous Biltmore Hotel.

Whitten University Center & Swimming Pool
Also on McDonald Tower, this is a live view facing north. Behind Lake Osceola is the Whitten University Center and its outdoor swimming and diving facilities (indoor swimming is available in the Student Wellness Center). Behind the University Center is the School of Business Administration. In the background is the City of Miami skyline. The building in the lower right corner is Eaton Residential College.

The Rock
This is a view from atop the Whitten University Center looking down at the north entrance. A high-traffic patio area, this is considered the center of campus. Student rallies are commonly held in this area.

Pathway from UC to
the Richter Library
Also on top of the Whitten University Center, this is a view facing the Richter Library.

RSMAS
This camera is at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and overlooks the dock and Bear Cut from the roof of the Dougherty Marine Science Center.

Currently, the webcams can be accessed by visiting http://www.miami.edu/webcams.

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...