Newly installed webcams film popular areas on campus 24/7

UM has recently installed several Web cams around the Coral Gables campus as well as one at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. These cameras provide live, streaming video 24/7 in the following areas:

Lake Osceola &
Cobb Fountain
This is a live shot from atop the McDonald Tower, a residential hall, facing northwest. In the foreground is Lake Osceola and Cobb Fountain, and behind that is the School of Music’s Weeks Center and the Clarke Recital Hall. Other buildings in view are the Gusman Concert Hall, the School of Law, Ungar building, and the Richter Library. The tall building in the background is the world famous Biltmore Hotel.

Whitten University Center & Swimming Pool
Also on McDonald Tower, this is a live view facing north. Behind Lake Osceola is the Whitten University Center and its outdoor swimming and diving facilities (indoor swimming is available in the Student Wellness Center). Behind the University Center is the School of Business Administration. In the background is the City of Miami skyline. The building in the lower right corner is Eaton Residential College.

The Rock
This is a view from atop the Whitten University Center looking down at the north entrance. A high-traffic patio area, this is considered the center of campus. Student rallies are commonly held in this area.

Pathway from UC to
the Richter Library
Also on top of the Whitten University Center, this is a view facing the Richter Library.

RSMAS
This camera is at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and overlooks the dock and Bear Cut from the roof of the Dougherty Marine Science Center.

Currently, the webcams can be accessed by visiting http://www.miami.edu/webcams.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

The University of Miami volleyball team (10-6, 6-3 ACC) came up short in an ACC home match for the f ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...