SG holds Town Hall Meeting

Last Wednesday, SG Senate started a new series of Town Hall meetings that are scheduled to take place throughout the academic year. Meetings will serve as a time for students to get to know the senators who are representing them, to find out what projects they are working on and to voice their concerns. Guest speakers included administrators from the departments of dining and parking. A representative from housing was scheduled to appear, but could not make it to the meeting. All students were encouraged to attend. Some of the concerns brought up by students: included Chartwell’s hours, cart vendor locations and shuttle stop concerns. The Miami Hurricane will report on each of these issues in upcoming issues of the paper.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...