News Briefs

During reading days and final exams, the Richter Library will remain open 24 hours a day. The library will open on Saturday, April 26 at 9 a.m. and remain continuously open until Thursday, May 8. The library will close at 11 p.m. on May 8. For a detailed library schedule, visit the library website at www.library.miami.edu/general/hours.html.

Lost your cell phone? Can’t find your keys? Then be sure to stop by the Information Desk at the UC to see if they have your missing possessions in lost and found. Lost and found is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

As the semester comes to end, voice your opinion about your professors, whether you love them or hate them, at www.myprofessorsucks.com. This is your chance to give THEM a grade.

Combined graduation ceremonies for UM undergraduates and graduates will take place during four ceremonies on Friday, May 9; the School of Medicine will hold its graduation on Saturday, May 10; and the School of Law will hold graduation on Sunday, May 18.
All together, more than 3,000 students will graduate at the Convocation Center,
The schedule is as follows for combined ceremonies on Friday, May 9:
School of Business Administration commencement takes place at 8:30 a.m. Arthur Levitt, the longest-serving chair of the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission and former chair of the American Stock Exchange, will receive the Doctor of Humane Letters honorary degree.
The combined ceremony for the School of Architecture, Continuing Studies, Education, Music and the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science will take place at 12:30 p.m. Susan Solomon, atmospheric scientist and leading researcher on ozone depletion in Antarctica, will receive the Doctor of Science honorary degree.
At 4 p.m., the School of Communication, College of Engineering, School of Medicine (graduate degrees) and School of Nursing commencement will take place. Jeffrey Immelt, CEO and Chair of General Electric, will receive the Doctor of Humane Letters honorary degree.
The College of Arts and Sciences completes the day at 7:30 p.m. with their commencement ceremony. Wynn Handman, Artistic Director and Co-Founder of the American Place Theatre in New York, will receive the honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters, and Cundo Berm

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...