Campus Calendar

TODAY
Need a break from finals? Then don’t miss the Finals Fiesta from 4 to 6 p.m. on the bridge between Stanford and Hecht Residential Colleges. Join MSA, Eaton, Hecht and Hurricane Productions in celebrating the last day of class. Come by for some great food, music by DJ Sage and prize giveaways.

The recent recipient of the Provost’s Award for Scholarly Activity, Dr. David Ellison, professor of French and chair of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, will present a lecture titled “Proust and the Art of Lying.” This event will take place at 5 p.m. in Room 331 of the James W. McLamore Executive Education Center in the School of Business. A reception in the Executive Education Center Dining Room will follow.

Come hear how you can put your degree to work in making a difference in someone’s life. Do not miss the Peace Corps Information Session and Video Presentation from noon to 1 p.m. in University Center Room 233. For more information, contact Erin Seiler, Peace Corps Campus Recruiter at e.seiler@umiami.edu.

SATURDAY APRIL 26
The Hammond-Butler Inspirational Concert Choir are having their annual Spring Concert at 7 p.m. in Gusman Concert Hall. There will be singing, dancing, sign language and a steel drum band. Come and be uplifted! If you have never been to one of their concerts, you don’t want to miss this one. Tickets are $5 for students and are available in the breezeway.

MONDAY APRIL 28
The University of Miami community is invited to honor history professor Dr. Robert Levine at a memorial service from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Lowe Art Museum. The author of more than two dozen books on Brazil, Cuba and photographic analysis, Dr. Levine died April 1 of complications from brain cancer.
Dr. Levine joined UM in 1981 and has an extensive University service record. Dr. Levine served as chair of the Department of History from 1983 to 1991, director of the Latin American Studies program and, most recently, director of the Center for Latin American Studies. He founded the Institute for Public History in 1982.
In 1999, Dr. Levine was appointed as the first Gabelli Senior Scholar in Arts and Sciences.

Finals are approaching, which means high stress. If you are feeling overwhelmed with your studies, the Wellness Center can help! Come and take a load off after a long day of classes with the Wellness Center’s Stress Less Days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. for two relaxing days of yoga, studio cycling, chair massage, music therapy, table games, information tables, refreshments, etc. For more information or a schedule, contact 305-284-6524. This event is sponsored by the Wellness Center, Dean of Students Office, STRIKE and PHATE.

The Dr. M. Lee Pearce Chair in Middle East Peace Studies invites you to attend the Eleventh Annual Luria Family Foundation Lecture by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Member of the United States House of Representatives and Chairwoman of the House Sub-Committee on the Middle East and Central Asia, on “The United States in the Middle East – A View from the House.”
The event will take place from 8 to 10 p.m. at The Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies. The lecture is free and open to the public. Seating is limited. For more information, contact ccjs@miami.edu or call 305-284-6882.

TUESDAY APRIL 2
Stress Less Days continue at the Wellness Center form 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information contact 305-284-6524.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...