Campus Calendar

TODAY
Need a break from finals? Then don’t miss the Finals Fiesta from 4 to 6 p.m. on the bridge between Stanford and Hecht Residential Colleges. Join MSA, Eaton, Hecht and Hurricane Productions in celebrating the last day of class. Come by for some great food, music by DJ Sage and prize giveaways.

The recent recipient of the Provost’s Award for Scholarly Activity, Dr. David Ellison, professor of French and chair of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, will present a lecture titled “Proust and the Art of Lying.” This event will take place at 5 p.m. in Room 331 of the James W. McLamore Executive Education Center in the School of Business. A reception in the Executive Education Center Dining Room will follow.

Come hear how you can put your degree to work in making a difference in someone’s life. Do not miss the Peace Corps Information Session and Video Presentation from noon to 1 p.m. in University Center Room 233. For more information, contact Erin Seiler, Peace Corps Campus Recruiter at e.seiler@umiami.edu.

SATURDAY APRIL 26
The Hammond-Butler Inspirational Concert Choir are having their annual Spring Concert at 7 p.m. in Gusman Concert Hall. There will be singing, dancing, sign language and a steel drum band. Come and be uplifted! If you have never been to one of their concerts, you don’t want to miss this one. Tickets are $5 for students and are available in the breezeway.

MONDAY APRIL 28
The University of Miami community is invited to honor history professor Dr. Robert Levine at a memorial service from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Lowe Art Museum. The author of more than two dozen books on Brazil, Cuba and photographic analysis, Dr. Levine died April 1 of complications from brain cancer.
Dr. Levine joined UM in 1981 and has an extensive University service record. Dr. Levine served as chair of the Department of History from 1983 to 1991, director of the Latin American Studies program and, most recently, director of the Center for Latin American Studies. He founded the Institute for Public History in 1982.
In 1999, Dr. Levine was appointed as the first Gabelli Senior Scholar in Arts and Sciences.

Finals are approaching, which means high stress. If you are feeling overwhelmed with your studies, the Wellness Center can help! Come and take a load off after a long day of classes with the Wellness Center’s Stress Less Days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. for two relaxing days of yoga, studio cycling, chair massage, music therapy, table games, information tables, refreshments, etc. For more information or a schedule, contact 305-284-6524. This event is sponsored by the Wellness Center, Dean of Students Office, STRIKE and PHATE.

The Dr. M. Lee Pearce Chair in Middle East Peace Studies invites you to attend the Eleventh Annual Luria Family Foundation Lecture by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Member of the United States House of Representatives and Chairwoman of the House Sub-Committee on the Middle East and Central Asia, on “The United States in the Middle East – A View from the House.”
The event will take place from 8 to 10 p.m. at The Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies. The lecture is free and open to the public. Seating is limited. For more information, contact ccjs@miami.edu or call 305-284-6882.

TUESDAY APRIL 2
Stress Less Days continue at the Wellness Center form 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information contact 305-284-6524.

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

With Mark Walton (cut by Cincinnati) and Kendrick Norton (released by Carolina), the Dolphins have n ...

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team edged No. 77 Paola Diaz-Delg ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...

Redshirt junior Brian Van Belle will take the mound in Miami's ACC Baseball Championship opener ...

For the 17th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season in the top 25 of the ...

The quest for a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships begins Thursday for Miami's track a ...