Campus Calendar

TODAY
Need a break from finals? Then don’t miss the Finals Fiesta from 4 to 6 p.m. on the bridge between Stanford and Hecht Residential Colleges. Join MSA, Eaton, Hecht and Hurricane Productions in celebrating the last day of class. Come by for some great food, music by DJ Sage and prize giveaways.

The recent recipient of the Provost’s Award for Scholarly Activity, Dr. David Ellison, professor of French and chair of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, will present a lecture titled “Proust and the Art of Lying.” This event will take place at 5 p.m. in Room 331 of the James W. McLamore Executive Education Center in the School of Business. A reception in the Executive Education Center Dining Room will follow.

Come hear how you can put your degree to work in making a difference in someone’s life. Do not miss the Peace Corps Information Session and Video Presentation from noon to 1 p.m. in University Center Room 233. For more information, contact Erin Seiler, Peace Corps Campus Recruiter at e.seiler@umiami.edu.

SATURDAY APRIL 26
The Hammond-Butler Inspirational Concert Choir are having their annual Spring Concert at 7 p.m. in Gusman Concert Hall. There will be singing, dancing, sign language and a steel drum band. Come and be uplifted! If you have never been to one of their concerts, you don’t want to miss this one. Tickets are $5 for students and are available in the breezeway.

MONDAY APRIL 28
The University of Miami community is invited to honor history professor Dr. Robert Levine at a memorial service from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Lowe Art Museum. The author of more than two dozen books on Brazil, Cuba and photographic analysis, Dr. Levine died April 1 of complications from brain cancer.
Dr. Levine joined UM in 1981 and has an extensive University service record. Dr. Levine served as chair of the Department of History from 1983 to 1991, director of the Latin American Studies program and, most recently, director of the Center for Latin American Studies. He founded the Institute for Public History in 1982.
In 1999, Dr. Levine was appointed as the first Gabelli Senior Scholar in Arts and Sciences.

Finals are approaching, which means high stress. If you are feeling overwhelmed with your studies, the Wellness Center can help! Come and take a load off after a long day of classes with the Wellness Center’s Stress Less Days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. for two relaxing days of yoga, studio cycling, chair massage, music therapy, table games, information tables, refreshments, etc. For more information or a schedule, contact 305-284-6524. This event is sponsored by the Wellness Center, Dean of Students Office, STRIKE and PHATE.

The Dr. M. Lee Pearce Chair in Middle East Peace Studies invites you to attend the Eleventh Annual Luria Family Foundation Lecture by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Member of the United States House of Representatives and Chairwoman of the House Sub-Committee on the Middle East and Central Asia, on “The United States in the Middle East – A View from the House.”
The event will take place from 8 to 10 p.m. at The Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies. The lecture is free and open to the public. Seating is limited. For more information, contact ccjs@miami.edu or call 305-284-6882.

TUESDAY APRIL 2
Stress Less Days continue at the Wellness Center form 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information contact 305-284-6524.

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...