Campus Calendar

TODAY
The Organization for Jamaican Unity presents a Cultural Expo on the UC patio. For more information, contact um_oju@hotmail.com or contact 305-284-3548.

Good Friday services will be held on campus at noon and 7 p.m. at the Episcopal Church Center.

Japan Club is showing Spirited Away, the Academy Award winning animation movie, at 4 p.m. in UC Ballroom C. For more information email japanclub_um@yahoo.com.

SATURDAY APRIL 19
Easter technically begins at sundown Saturday. The Great Vigil of Easter will be celebrated at the Episcopal Church Center, located on the corner of Stanford Drive and Levante.

SUNDAY APRIL 20
University Baptist Church will host an Easter morning service at 11 a.m. in the Convocation Center. Students and families are invited to worship together at this unique event. Larry Coker will be the special guest speaker. The service is free and open to everyone. Seating will begin at 10 a.m. and is on a first come, first serve basis. For more information visit www.UMConvocationCenter.com, or call 305-284-8686, or email convocationcenter@miami.edu.

Join the Wesley Foundation for their Easter Celebration on Sunday at 5 p.m. Enjoy a delicious Easter dinner that is free of charge. Dinner is followed by our worship that will include their band, vocalists, liturgical dancers, drama and Holy Communion. The evening ends with dessert. They are located on campus at 1210 Stanford Drive. Call 305-661-1695 for additional information.

The Episcopal Church located on the corner of Stanford Drive and Levante will hold their Easter service at 10 a.m.

TUESDAY APRIL 22
Richter Library presents their used book sale. This is your chance to buy books on all subjects at great prices. The sale takes place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Provin room. For more information contact Jay Kalvan at 305-284-3368 or visit www.library.miami.edu.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 23
The Speak Up, Speak Out! series of the Student Government Senate presents a Town Hall Meeting. This will be a time for students to get to know the senators who are representing them, find out what projects they are working on, and voice their concerns. Guest speakers will include administrators from the departments of housing, dining and parking. The event will take place at 4 p.m. in the University Center Lower Lounge. All students are encouraged to attend. Refreshments will be served.

Artist and collector Roberta Marks will demonstrate her extensive knowledge of African and Pre-Columbian art in a lecture and slide presentation at 8 p.m. at the Lowe Art Museum. Marks’ collections also include objects from her travels to Tibet, China, Japan, Bhutan, Burma, Thailand, Nepal, India and Egypt, as well as Central Africa and Mexico. Many of the objects she collects are used in her abstract paintings, collages and small constructions. For more information, contact the Lowe Art Museum at 305-284-3603.

The Richter Library used book sale continues from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Provin room. For more information contact Jay Kalvan at 305-284-3368 or visit www.library.miami.edu.

THURSDAY APRIL 24
The annual Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is today. UM parents and their daughters and sons are invited to a luncheon program from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the International Lounge at the UC. At the conclusion of the program, parents will return to their offices while their daughters and sons participate in career activities until 3:30 p.m. Program sessions include a “hands-on” visit to the Information Technology computer classroom and a special tour of UM’s computer “Operations,” a tour of the new Richter Library facility and a special outing for 12-year-olds to the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences campus. The luncheon is $10 for adults, $5 for children, and the program activities are free (there is an additional $10 transportation fee for those going to the Rosenstiel campus). Parents are to pick up their children in person promptly at 3:45 p.m. at the International Lounge “check-out” station. For more information and to register contact Nancy Ryan at 305-284-4922.

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...