Campus Calendar

TODAY
International Week continues with Caribbean Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The fun continues with a Pacific Night Luau from 7 to 9 p.m. But that’s not all! Don’t miss the Caribbean Night Concert from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.

SATURDAY APRIL 12
International Week comes to an end with a Feast of Nations. Don’t miss the International Week Banquet at Crowne Plaza Hotel from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Women’s tennis takes on Notre Dame at 3 p.m. at the Schiff Tennis Center. This is the last home match where seniors Abby Smith and Igna deVillirs will be honored.

SUNDAY APRIL 13
Men’s tennis plays their last home match against Duke, at noon at Schiff Tennis Center. Senior Andrew Golub will be honored. Sun Juice Smoothies will be giving away free smoothies and coupons.

The Episcopal Church Center is having its Palm Sunday services on campus at 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. The Episcopal Church Center is located at the corner of Stanford Drive and Levante. All are welcome!

MONDAY APRIL 14
Join FEC in celebrating Three Days of Cuban Culture. The days begin with Opening Ceremonies at 11 a.m. on the UC Patio. Come watch a children’s cultural performance. Enjoy Cuban coffee, pictures in traditional costume, music and dancing.

Pulitzer Prize humor columnist Dave Barry and his wife, Miami Herald Sports writer Michelle Kaufman, speak at Stanford Residential College. Come hear their success stories and join them in what promises to be a lively and entertaining discussion at 8 p.m. in the residence of Drs. Alex and Hilit Mechaber at Stanford Residential College.

TUESDAY APRIL 15
Frank W. Abagnale was a master of deception, and he was always one step ahead of FBI agent Carl Hanratty, who made it his prime mission to capture Frank. If you haven’t figured it out by now, this is the movie Catch Me If You Can, with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks. CAC will be showing Catch Me if You Can at 8 and 10:30 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema.

FEC for Three Days of Cuban Culture hosts a domino competition at 2 p.m. on the UC Patio. Pay $5 a pair and play against the older generation of domino players from the legendary Calle Ocho park as you sip Cuban coffee. Winners get a prize. Also, pass by and pick up a freshly rolled cigar as you play.

Award-winning novelist N

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...