Track team continues to qualify several for NCAA’ s

The University of Miami women’s track and field team broke two school records and qualified six individuals and two relays for the NCAA Regional Championships this weekend at the Texas Relays in Austin, TX and Bulls Invitational in Tampa, FL.
The women’s 4×200-meter relay of senior All-American Sashanie Simpson, junior All-American Kitoya Carter, sophomore Wiande Moore and senior All-American Jamillah Wade broke one of the longest standing records in school-history. The foursome finished fourth with a time of 1:34.22 bettering the old UM record of 1:34.70 set back in 1994.
Wade, Carter and Simpson were also members of the 4×400-meter relay, along with senior All-American Saraque Whittaker, that finished third with a NCAA Regional qualifying mark of 3:31.21.
In the 100-meters, sophomore All-American Lauryn Williams finished fourth with a wind-aided time of 11.23 seconds. The time is the fastest ever by a Hurricane and qualified her for the NCAA Regional Championships, May 30-31, in Fairfax, VA.
Williams also anchored the 4×100-meter relay that took fourth with a NCAA Regional qualifying time of 44.20 seconds. Joining Williams on the relay were freshmen All-Americans Dominique Darden and Charlette Greggs, and senior All-American Sharianne Lawson.
Lawson finished seventh in the University 100-meter hurdles with an NCAA Regional mark of 13.94 seconds while Darden posted a NCAA regional qualifying time of 13.74 in finishing seventh in 100-meter hurdles invitational.
In the long jump, senior All-American Gina Harris finished eighth with a season-best leap of 6.12 meters (20-01.00). Her mark qualifies her for the NCAA Regional Championships.
Miami also had competitors at the Bulls Invitational in Tampa, FL where senior Adrienne Moss won the shot put with a school-record and NCAA Regional qualifying toss of 15.83 meters (51-11.25). Teammate, and former school-record holder, Jennifer Penrose finished third with an NCAA Regional mark of 15.34 meters (50-04.00).
On the men’s side juniors Aaron Bass and Jon Mark finished second and third in the pole vault, and three Hurricanes recorded Big East qualifying marks at the Bull Invitational in Tampa, FL.
Bass recorded a Big East qualifying mark of 4.75 meters (15-07.00) while Mark also qualified for the Big East Championships, May 4-6 in Storrs, CT with a mark of 4.60 meters (15-01.00).
Also qualifying for the Big East Championship was senior Kenny Frank who finished fourth in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 15.00 seconds.
Senior Dan Boniface also ran well finishing second in the 5,000-meters with a time of 15:24.
The Hurricanes host the Miami Gatorade Track and Field Classic on Saturday at Cobb Stadium in Coral Gables, FL. Field events are scheduled to begin at noon with running events starting at 5:15 p.m.

-compiled by the sports information department

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...