Culture

News Briefs

The White Stripes frontman Jack White has his own label, Third Man Records, and is releasing an LP (Do Rabbits Wonder) by their first signed band Whirlwind Heat on April 15th. Moreover, in conjunction with their new album Elephant, the White Stripes are also planning an exhaustive spring/summer/fall/winter tour. Check www.v2music.com for dates and more info.

Robert Stone’s new novel, Bay of Souls, fuses literary prowess with the buzz of “supermarket” thrillers (i.e., you non-readers would probably enjoy it). It’s a tale of an outr

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol