Making the best out of ever-shortening shorts

Know what’s the best thing I’ve seen, since I started attending the University of Miami? Was it the beautiful campus or the football team that consistently wins? NO! The answer is those cute little cheerleading shorts with letters “MIAMI” or “CANES” on them. Obviously, it’s a great way to lure many guys [and girls]. But I ever wonder if the marketing majors at UM could think of way to put other things on the shorts to allow longer staring. Well, since you don’t you have active minds, I’ll tell you what we can do.
First, I think we all could benefit if Magic Eye pictures were put on there. Believe me, guys would gaze at that thing for a long time! And since the girl would be desperately trying to run away from that pervert, it would make the picture less identifiable. You would look, and gaze, and stare for a long time. Finally, you say: “Hey, it’s a snake!”
Second, how about a seeing eye chart? It will save lots of money for the DMV-guys would actually look forward to taking their vision test. And it will be a picture of Beyonce Knowles. The letters will go in a triangular order. It will say: “THIS GIRL HAS BIG BOOTY.” What I’m doing is practical. After all, I am trying to save money in this crappy economy.
Third, how about a ticker like the one you see in Times Square in New York? What better way to learn about all the things going on in Iraq than with a woman who can provide you with all the information you need? Would you rather see the ugly faces of Dan Rather or George Bush going on about nothing, or do you want the straight-up news from a girl’s shorts? My favorite headline: Tom Daschle making an ASS of himself.
Am I perverted? Well look at the entire UM population that can read. I tell you this: if your parents never had sex, chances are you will never have it too. Besides, if you don’t want people like me thinking like that, stop wearing those shorts. But since no one cares, I’ll keep thinking.

Seth Bleicher can be contacted at sethbleicher@yahoo.com.

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...