Culture

eye filler: Reggae Fest at the Convocation Center

Lighting up the joint: UM’s Convocation Center is turning into quite the lucrative concert venue. This past Saturday, Power 96 and an auto-maker hosted a reggae event that had a sold out crowd of local Miamians and UM students getting “irie.”

Opener Red Rat took stabs at political commentary, telling everyone that Dubya should smoke some herb and chill out. Inner Circle performed their “Bad Boys” signature before the Marley Brothers lit up the stage with an extensive ensemble and got people shaking their “ting” to the riddim.

Before the headliners appeared, booty dancers entertained the crowd. When Sean Paul, Beenie Man and Wayne Wonder hit the stage, the venue was happily dazed.

University of Miami President Julio Frenk and Miami-Dade Public Schools Superintendent Alberto Carva

Experts in the Department of Political Science’s 2020 election class explain why all eyes may be on

The Frost School of Music’s Band of the Hour discovers new ways to deliver school spirit at the Hard

Lauren Markwith played four years with Miami Hurricanes soccer. Now, she is on staff for Inter Miami

Sierra Domb uses her communications skills to raise awareness of and funding for studies on a sensor