Campus Calendar

TODAY
Asian American Awareness Week continues with Asia Day. Don’t miss cultural booths with exhibits, food and displays from Asian American Student Association, Filipino Students Association and the Indian Students Association on the UC patio from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Asian American Awareness Week ends with One Night of Asia. The event will feature cultural dances, kung-fu exhibits, various ceremonial dances and music. Featuring AASA, ISA, and Filipino Student Association. The ceremony begins at 7 p.m.

Don’t miss the Greek Week mystery event at 6 p.m. in the UC ballrooms. Theme TBA.

International Week kicks off with opening ceremonies at noon on the UC patio.

SATURDAY APRIL 5
Power 96 and Dodge Turbocharged2003.com are bringing reggae’s finest to the UM Convocation Center on at 7 p.m. for their First Annual Reggae Fest. This is your opportunity to see Beenie Man, Sean Paul, Wayne Wonder, Devonte and Tantro Metro, Red Rat, Inner Circle, the Marley brothers and surprise guests throw down live on stage! Tickets are on sale now for $23.25. Get them at the Convocation Center box office or through Ticketmaster. For more information, log on to www.UMConvocationCenter.com or call 305-284-8686.

You’re invited to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Times Square with the Greek Week Dance-a-thon and Say What Songfest from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. at the Rat.

SUNDAY APRIL 6
The sisters of Delta Phi Epsilon sorority will be hosting an anti-hazing risk management seminar at 7 p.m. in their suite, Panhellenic Building #203. Steven Lee Ervin, Coordinator of Student Activities at Barry University, is the featured speaker. He will be sharing his personal experiences with hazing, as well as the three types of hazing, when to address them and their ramifications. Everyone is encouraged to attend.

Greek Week hosts their closing ceremonies with Fantasy Fest in Key West at the Rat at 4 p.m.

MONDAY APRIL 7
Watch the last of the college basketball teams battle it out on the big screen at the NCAA Championship Party at the RAT. The party starts at 8 p.m.

TUESDAY APRIL 8
The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) hosts the Take Back the Night walking vigil at 7:30 p.m. beginning at the UC Rock. The walk will circle the campus, then return to the Rock for a ceremony including guest speakers, poetry readings by students, music and singing.

International Week: Around the World in Eight Days continues with Middle Eastern Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The fun continues with Middle Eastern Night from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 9
Want to be on TV? Then be sure to attend the taping of a new improvisation comedy show, the Canes of Comedy, to be aired on UMTV and around South Florida. Audience members will not only get to watch eight hilarious UM students perform Whose Line is it Anyway?-type scenes, they’ll get to participate! Doors to the Studio Theatre in Hecht open at 8 p.m., but arrive early because seating is limited. Plan to stay about two hours and you could win prizes! For more information, contact canesofcomedy@hotmail.com

International Week continues their trip Around the World in Eight Days with European Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The festivities continue with European Night from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Stanford Residential College would like to welcome students to attend “A Slice of Life” at 8 p.m. in the Master’s Apartment. Come Join Jessica Rios, doctoral student in the School of Education, for a lively evening of activities promoting Cultural Awareness, as well as a sampling of delicious desserts from around the world!

THURSDAY APRIL 10
Some Latin flavor comes to International Week with Latin Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and with Latin Night from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...