News Briefs

Hip hop producer and DJ Prince Paul is finally emerging from obscurity: his new album, Politics of the Business, hits stores on May 6 and the lineup of guests looks juicy (Fatlip, MF Doom, Masta Ace, DJ Premier, the Beatnuts and Planet Asia, among others). Supposedly, dude is parodying hip hop and describes the LP as “fast food music,” but, honestly, ya’ll can’t sleep on everything this guy’s done in the past with De La Soul and Stetsasonic, so show some respect.

If any of you are interested in the sexual experimentation (and myths) that flooded through the ’60s and ’70s, cop the new memoir by Kathy Dobie, The Only Girl in the Car, exploring the recklessness and ambiguity of teenage sex. The story focuses on a year in high school during the days of Jimi Hendrix and flower power when the author was a self-ascribed “slut” and was trapped into having an orgy with four guys when she was 15.

One Love, a flick that’s the Jamaican version of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, is currently in post-production and set to hit the screens in 2004. Ky-Mani Marley, son of reggae legend Bob Marley, plays the lead role and also cameod in 2001’s Shottas, a film about the country’s underworld. We don’t know what to anticipate from One Love, except that the title is clich

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

Bennie Blades will serve as host of the UMSHoF's Eighth Annual Celebrity Bowling Tournament, on ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...