Culture

News Briefs

Hip hop producer and DJ Prince Paul is finally emerging from obscurity: his new album, Politics of the Business, hits stores on May 6 and the lineup of guests looks juicy (Fatlip, MF Doom, Masta Ace, DJ Premier, the Beatnuts and Planet Asia, among others). Supposedly, dude is parodying hip hop and describes the LP as “fast food music,” but, honestly, ya’ll can’t sleep on everything this guy’s done in the past with De La Soul and Stetsasonic, so show some respect.

If any of you are interested in the sexual experimentation (and myths) that flooded through the ’60s and ’70s, cop the new memoir by Kathy Dobie, The Only Girl in the Car, exploring the recklessness and ambiguity of teenage sex. The story focuses on a year in high school during the days of Jimi Hendrix and flower power when the author was a self-ascribed “slut” and was trapped into having an orgy with four guys when she was 15.

One Love, a flick that’s the Jamaican version of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, is currently in post-production and set to hit the screens in 2004. Ky-Mani Marley, son of reggae legend Bob Marley, plays the lead role and also cameod in 2001’s Shottas, a film about the country’s underworld. We don’t know what to anticipate from One Love, except that the title is clich

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex