Campus Calendar

TODAY
Asian American Awareness Week continues with an Asian Cultural Fashion Show. Student models will be showcasing authentic ethnic and historical costumes from various parts of Asia. The fashion show ill be in the UC I-lounge at 7 p.m.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 2

Don’t miss India Day, a whole day dedicated to Indian culture, customs and traditions as part of Asian American Awareness Week.

Did you ever want to kick butts? If so, participate in the UM chapter of STRIKE Cigarette Trade-In day in honor of Kick Butts day between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on the UC Rock. Smokers can trade in a pack of their cigarettes for a UM visor. For more information, contact 305-284-6524.
Nordstrom at the Village at Merrick Park invites you to “Opening a Multi-Billion Dollar Store” with presentations by Vicki Lopez, store manager, and MaryAnn Gunther, human resource manager. The event will be from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Storer auditorium. Be sure to attend to find out about paid internships offered all over the U.S. Refreshments will be served. RSVP is not needed. Dress is casual. For more information, contact 305-284-4052.

Greek Week continues with Junkanoo, Organized Cheer, Singled Out and a canned food drive for Farm Share on the UC patio at 7 p.m.

The Academic Development Center invites you to This is Only a Test: How to Survive Finals, at 1 p.m. in the ADC classroom. This is your chance to improve your test preparation and performance. Learn how to plan for exams and study actively to make efficient use of your study time.

Join the Hurricane baseball team as they take on Florida Atlantic University at 7 p.m. at Mark Light Stadium.

THURSDAY APRIL 3

Asian American Awareness Week presents FUSHU Taiko Drummers of Dania perform traditional Japanese style drumming on campus on the UC Patio at 8 p.m.

The members of Yellow Rose present their award-winning annual production of GENESIS at 7 p.m. in the UC I-lounge. The theme for this year is “Sister to Sister.” Join Yellow Rose as they address a range of issues affecting young women. Everyone is encouraged to attend.

FRIDAY APRIL 4
Asian American Awareness Week continues with Asia Day. Don’t miss cultural booths with exhibits, food and displays from Asian American Student Association, Filipino Students Association and the Indian Students Association on the UC patio from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Asian American Awareness Week ends with One Night of Asia. The event will feature cultural dances, kung-fu exhibits, various ceremonial dances and music featuring AASA, ISA and Filipino Student Association. The ceremony begins at 7 p.m.

Don’t miss the Greek Week mystery event at 6 p.m. in the UC ballrooms. Theme TBA.

SATURDAY APRIL 5

You’re invited to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Times Square with the Greek Week Dance-a-thon and Say What Songfest from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. at the Rat.

SUNDAY APRIL 6

Greek Week hosts their closing ceremonies with Fantasy Fest in Key West at the Rat at 4 p.m.

TUESDAY APRIL 8

The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) hosts the Take Back the Night walking vigil at 7:30 p.m. beginning at the UC Rock. The walk will circle the campus and then return to the Rock for a ceremony including guest speakers, poetry readings by students, music and singing.

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...