Campus Calendar

TODAY
Asian American Awareness Week continues with an Asian Cultural Fashion Show. Student models will be showcasing authentic ethnic and historical costumes from various parts of Asia. The fashion show ill be in the UC I-lounge at 7 p.m.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 2

Don’t miss India Day, a whole day dedicated to Indian culture, customs and traditions as part of Asian American Awareness Week.

Did you ever want to kick butts? If so, participate in the UM chapter of STRIKE Cigarette Trade-In day in honor of Kick Butts day between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on the UC Rock. Smokers can trade in a pack of their cigarettes for a UM visor. For more information, contact 305-284-6524.
Nordstrom at the Village at Merrick Park invites you to “Opening a Multi-Billion Dollar Store” with presentations by Vicki Lopez, store manager, and MaryAnn Gunther, human resource manager. The event will be from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Storer auditorium. Be sure to attend to find out about paid internships offered all over the U.S. Refreshments will be served. RSVP is not needed. Dress is casual. For more information, contact 305-284-4052.

Greek Week continues with Junkanoo, Organized Cheer, Singled Out and a canned food drive for Farm Share on the UC patio at 7 p.m.

The Academic Development Center invites you to This is Only a Test: How to Survive Finals, at 1 p.m. in the ADC classroom. This is your chance to improve your test preparation and performance. Learn how to plan for exams and study actively to make efficient use of your study time.

Join the Hurricane baseball team as they take on Florida Atlantic University at 7 p.m. at Mark Light Stadium.

THURSDAY APRIL 3

Asian American Awareness Week presents FUSHU Taiko Drummers of Dania perform traditional Japanese style drumming on campus on the UC Patio at 8 p.m.

The members of Yellow Rose present their award-winning annual production of GENESIS at 7 p.m. in the UC I-lounge. The theme for this year is “Sister to Sister.” Join Yellow Rose as they address a range of issues affecting young women. Everyone is encouraged to attend.

FRIDAY APRIL 4
Asian American Awareness Week continues with Asia Day. Don’t miss cultural booths with exhibits, food and displays from Asian American Student Association, Filipino Students Association and the Indian Students Association on the UC patio from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Asian American Awareness Week ends with One Night of Asia. The event will feature cultural dances, kung-fu exhibits, various ceremonial dances and music featuring AASA, ISA and Filipino Student Association. The ceremony begins at 7 p.m.

Don’t miss the Greek Week mystery event at 6 p.m. in the UC ballrooms. Theme TBA.

SATURDAY APRIL 5

You’re invited to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Times Square with the Greek Week Dance-a-thon and Say What Songfest from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. at the Rat.

SUNDAY APRIL 6

Greek Week hosts their closing ceremonies with Fantasy Fest in Key West at the Rat at 4 p.m.

TUESDAY APRIL 8

The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) hosts the Take Back the Night walking vigil at 7:30 p.m. beginning at the UC Rock. The walk will circle the campus and then return to the Rock for a ceremony including guest speakers, poetry readings by students, music and singing.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...