War protestors naively advocate Iraqi oppression

The protest against Operation Iraqi Freedom has rapidly spread across the globe, emboldening an unprecedented hatred and resentment towards the US. Not since Vietnam have such a varied juxtaposition of activists united against military action. Suburban housewives, millionaire actors, shoeless hippies, ultra-liberal college students, radical leftists and Arabs misperceiving the war as an Anglo-Zionist crusade against all Muslims have passionately participated in civil disobedience and not-always-peaceful organized protest. With no other feasible way to overthrow Hussein and confiscate his WMD, a protest against war equates to a protest supporting the perpetuation of the worst crimes against humanity.
According to Fox News, those financially sponsoring the large anti-war demonstrations include The Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization, a nonprofit group supporting terrorists such as Fidel Castro, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad and the World Workers Party, a strong backer of North Korea’s despotic Communist regime.
There is a great and sad irony that those protesting in the purported interests of peace and justice naively acquiesce to Saddam Hussein’s terrorist regime, which Human Rights Watch estimates has murdered up to one million Iraqis. According to the U.S. Army’s Lt. General John Abizaid, “No person has murdered more Muslims than Saddam Hussein.” If the world needed any more evidence demonstrating the outlaw, terrorist nature of the regime, on March 23rd Al-Jazeera broadcast American POW’s in Iraqi custody with close range bullet holes in their foreheads, undoubtedly executed. The Iraqi military has burned oil wells and moved troops and equipment into civilian areas, using the Iraqi people as human shields.
The protestors are detached from the Iraqis’ plight of tyranny and torture, many ignorant to the horrors of rape rooms, acid baths and summary execution. Many simply deplore capitalism, Bush and the United States, idiotically assuming a just US war to be impossible. Through inaction against despotic regimes, free nations drift perilously close to legitimizing oppression. No country possesses sovereign immunity against terrorism and tyranny. No one disputes the horrors and tragedies of war, but Operation Iraqi Freedom will deliver democratic reforms, rights and freedoms to the Iraqi people, ultimately save countless Iraqi lives and take WMD out of a brutal terrorist’s hands. As Iraqis continue welcoming the US into their nation as liberators and not “conquerors,” protestors worldwide witness the enormity of their error.

Pete Trombadore can be contacted at petetrombadore@hotmail.com.

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...