Culture

Fashion Week hits SoBe: Deluxe glam and hot tans

Miami fashionistas, models and international fashion designers glammed up for 5th annual Fashion Week of the Americas at the posh Roney Palace Resort in Miami Beach. Decked in sensual clothing and couture fashions, Miamians took over 23rd and 24th Street of Collins Avenue with their gorgeous, Manoloesque spiked stilettos and competitive fashion sense.

Local Latin beauties could have easily been mistaken for the week’s equally gorgeous, voluptuous models, with lots of lacy, see-through, “I cover nothing,” tops and body-fitting bottoms that cross eyes. And as if you cared, there were plenty of tan men who preferred watching catwalks to fighting, cosied up next to rolled-up issues of Vogue en Espa

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...