Campus Calendar

TODAY
Learn about the Life of an Outlaw with AKA while watching 8 Mile at 7:08 p.m. at the Hecht Masters Apartment.

Don’t miss Greek Week opening ceremonies at 4 p.m. at the Rat. The theme is “The Great Greek Agoura.”

Planet Kreyol presents Karnaval at the Rat from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.

SATURDAY MARCH 29
Be sure to Toss it Up… and party at the Rat with AKA from 9:39 p.m. to 2:08 p.m. It’s a white-out party featuring DJ Scoobs. Non-UM students are five dollars. The attire is all white.

Greek Week presents “Running of the Bulls in Pamplona” as Olympic Day at 11 a.m. in the Wellness Center.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Join Planet Kreyol for the Haitian Culture week Closing Banquet in the UC Ballrooms at 7 p.m.

MONDAY MARCH 31
The Asian American Student Association presents Asian Awareness Week beginning with Anime Night. Don’t miss Japanese animations showing in Mahoney Classroom 104 starting at 7:30 p.m. Popcorn and beverages will be served.

The Department of Multicultural Student Affairs presents “Access Granted,” at noon in the UC Ballrooms C and D. Lunch will be provided. Access Granted is an open forum for black students to discuss issues affecting the black student community at the University of Miami. Special guests from the black faculty and staff will be present to dialogue with students and address issues on campus and in the South Florida community. Please RSVP by Thursday, March 27 by contacting MSA at 305-284-2855. Check out the Unified Newsletter at www.miami.edu/msa.
Greek Week hosts their keynote speaker at 6 p.m. in the UC ballrooms.

The Center for Research on Sports in Society in conjunction with the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and School of Law present the CRSS Distinguished Lecture, The Business of Sports Agents, presented by Ken Shropshire, J.D., David Hauck Professor of Legal Studies at the Wharton School. As a commentator, his views have appeared in USA Today, Sports Illustrated, and on NPR and Nightline. The lecture is at 7 p.m. at the Storer Auditorium. Please RSVP to 305-284-3690.

Stanford Residential College is hosting the first ever Career Carnival! Come and talk to advisors and professors from all different colleges: Communication, Business/Law, Arts and Sciences and Pre-Med and see what they did in order to succeed. Plus: internship ideas from the Toppel Career Center and Grad School planning with Kaplan. Lots of fun carnival food, games and prizes, including FREE books for Kaplan classes and 50 percent off the class, resume paper and envelopes, CDs and much more! This event will be from 7 to 9 p.m. in Stanford Residential College. Please Contact Sara Miga at smiga@miami.edu with any questions.

The School of Music is having a media writing and production concert at Clarke Recital Hall at 8 p.m. The event will feature both undergraduate and graduate students’ original songs. For more information, contact Kristina Noss at 786-877-7434 or Alex Lyons at 215-570-3247.

TUESDAY APRIL 1
Asian American Awareness Week continues with an Asian Cultural Fashion Show. Student models will be showcasing various, authentic, ethnic and historical costumes from various parts of Asia. The fashion show will be in the UC I-lounge at 7 p.m.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 2

Don’t miss India Day, dedicated to Indian culture, customs and traditions, as part of Asian American Awareness Week.

Did you ever want to kick butts? If so, participate in the UM chapter of STRIKE Cigarette Trade-In day in honor of Kick Butts day between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on the UC Rock. Smokers can trade in a pack of their cigarettes for a UM visor. For more information, contact 305-284-6524.

Nordstrom at the Village at Merrick Park invites you to “Opening a Multi-Billion Dollar Store” with presentations by Vicki Lopez, store manager, and MaryAnn Gunther, Human Resource Manager. The event will be from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Storer auditorium. Be sure to attend to find out about paid internships offered all over the U.S. Refreshments will be served. RSVP is not needed. Dress is casual. For more information, contact 305-284-4052.

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...