de la soul get an upper class, lower hops at the delano

De La Soul spitting at the Delano in the refreshing Miami Beach breeze for Winter Music Conference…say what?

In the crammed car ride over there, we were quickly saying a number of forgotten things (rumors about Pharcyde, DJ Jazzy Jeff, and Digable Planets came in from cellies, but only De La showed up).

The stage was set up near the lush pool area, girls and sugar daddies were sipping wine and liquor in their bungalows, giant orbs floated in the water, models pranced around, the lighting was a soothing mint green.

Ah, the Delano.

Posdnuos, Trugoy and Pasemaster Mase came on ready to set it off. Two songs later, it was “ya’ll too sexy too party or what?” Even “Me, Myself and I” didn’t put wrinkles in Versace suits!

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team recorded its second win of the day Saturday evening at the ...

Chris Lykes scored 20 points, but the Canes come up just short against No. 13 UNC. ...

In the first of its two matches Saturday at the FGCU Tennis Complex, the No. 17 Miami women's t ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...