Culture

de la soul get an upper class, lower hops at the delano

De La Soul spitting at the Delano in the refreshing Miami Beach breeze for Winter Music Conference…say what?

In the crammed car ride over there, we were quickly saying a number of forgotten things (rumors about Pharcyde, DJ Jazzy Jeff, and Digable Planets came in from cellies, but only De La showed up).

The stage was set up near the lush pool area, girls and sugar daddies were sipping wine and liquor in their bungalows, giant orbs floated in the water, models pranced around, the lighting was a soothing mint green.

Ah, the Delano.

Posdnuos, Trugoy and Pasemaster Mase came on ready to set it off. Two songs later, it was “ya’ll too sexy too party or what?” Even “Me, Myself and I” didn’t put wrinkles in Versace suits!

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas