Culture

de la soul get an upper class, lower hops at the delano

De La Soul spitting at the Delano in the refreshing Miami Beach breeze for Winter Music Conference…say what?

In the crammed car ride over there, we were quickly saying a number of forgotten things (rumors about Pharcyde, DJ Jazzy Jeff, and Digable Planets came in from cellies, but only De La showed up).

The stage was set up near the lush pool area, girls and sugar daddies were sipping wine and liquor in their bungalows, giant orbs floated in the water, models pranced around, the lighting was a soothing mint green.

Ah, the Delano.

Posdnuos, Trugoy and Pasemaster Mase came on ready to set it off. Two songs later, it was “ya’ll too sexy too party or what?” Even “Me, Myself and I” didn’t put wrinkles in Versace suits!

Universities are banding together to oppose a new immigration policy that could adversely impact int

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of