Campus Calendar

TODAY

Are you an Architecture major? Are you thinking about Architecture as a possible career? Then come to the Architecture Career Fair from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the University Center Lower Lounge, where recruiters from a variety of firms will be available to talk about career opportunities. This event is free and open to all UM students and alumni. Bring plenty of resumes and make sure you dress to impress! For more information, visit www.miami.edu/careerexpo/students

Planet Kreyol continues celebrating Haitian Culture week with Haitian Art-fest at the Lowe Art Museum from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 pm

Haitian Culture week continues with a Haitian Overcoming Adversity forum in the Eaton Classroom from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Don’t miss WOMEN ON THE MIC at 7:00 p.m. in the Storm Surge Cafe of the University Center. In honor of Women’s History Month, please join the Women’s Resource Center and Multicultural Student Affairs in a night of poetry. The event is open to all students who would like to share their written words, the topic is women only! The event is hosted by Nanette Vega, Asst. Director/ MSA. So, put the pen to paper and come out and support this event in honor of women all around the world. Prizes will be awarded! Be sure to register if you want to participate. To sign up please stop by the Women’s Resource Center (UC Room 224) or Multicultural Student Affairs (Bldg 21-P).

AKA presents Keep your Head Up…READ at 7:08 p.m. at the Mahoney Classrooms.

WEDNESDAY MARCH 26

Want to learn more about the graduate school admissions process? Don’t miss your opportunity to get the some valuable information at 5:30 p.m. in Toppel Career Center Library. This program will show you the steps to take to bring you closer to your goal of getting into graduate school. Panelists will discuss how to prepare applications, write a winning application essay, get good recommendation letters, and to ace your interview. So, what are you waiting for? For more information, visit www.miami.edu/toppel.

The UM Council for Democracy presents former U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno at 6:00 p.m. in Storer Auditorium. Refreshments will be served. ‘Cane card required for entrance. For more information go to www.CouncilForDemocracy.org

Join AKA for Poetic Justice at 7:08 p.m. at the Storm Surge Cafe
Join Planet Kreyol for Movie Night premiering “Wind of Desire” at 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 pm. The cost is $3.00 for students and $5.00 for non-students.

The Wellness Center presents Understanding Osteoporosis as part of Women’s History Month. The event will be at 5:30 p.m. in the second floor conference room. To register for the free event contact 305-284-LIFE.

Don’t miss McMitzvah Madness at the UC patio from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Join Greater Miami Hillel in a celebration of Israel and it’s culture by performing small acts of charity. They’ll be plenty to see and do with live music, food and of course a live camel!

THURSDAY MARCH 27

You are invited to Sex in the Campus: An Evening with Candace Bushnell, Author of Sex in the City and 4 Blondes, in Storer Auditorium at 8:00 p.m. For more information, contact Hurricane Productions at www.um-hp.com.

Haitian Culture week continues with great food and music. Don’t miss the Haitian Food Sale in the UC Breezeway from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Be sure to stick around for Kompa (Haitian music) Fest on the UC Patio from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

How do you want? AKA’s got it! The irresistible ladies of AKA present their 2nd Annual Male Auction in the UC I-lounge at 7:38 p.m.

FRIDAY MARCH 28

Learn about the Life of an Outlaw with AKA while watching 8 Mile at 7:08 p.m. at the Hecht Masters Apartment.

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...