Campus Calendar

TODAY

Are you an Architecture major? Are you thinking about Architecture as a possible career? Then come to the Architecture Career Fair from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the University Center Lower Lounge, where recruiters from a variety of firms will be available to talk about career opportunities. This event is free and open to all UM students and alumni. Bring plenty of resumes and make sure you dress to impress! For more information, visit www.miami.edu/careerexpo/students

Planet Kreyol continues celebrating Haitian Culture week with Haitian Art-fest at the Lowe Art Museum from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 pm

Haitian Culture week continues with a Haitian Overcoming Adversity forum in the Eaton Classroom from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Don’t miss WOMEN ON THE MIC at 7:00 p.m. in the Storm Surge Cafe of the University Center. In honor of Women’s History Month, please join the Women’s Resource Center and Multicultural Student Affairs in a night of poetry. The event is open to all students who would like to share their written words, the topic is women only! The event is hosted by Nanette Vega, Asst. Director/ MSA. So, put the pen to paper and come out and support this event in honor of women all around the world. Prizes will be awarded! Be sure to register if you want to participate. To sign up please stop by the Women’s Resource Center (UC Room 224) or Multicultural Student Affairs (Bldg 21-P).

AKA presents Keep your Head Up…READ at 7:08 p.m. at the Mahoney Classrooms.

WEDNESDAY MARCH 26

Want to learn more about the graduate school admissions process? Don’t miss your opportunity to get the some valuable information at 5:30 p.m. in Toppel Career Center Library. This program will show you the steps to take to bring you closer to your goal of getting into graduate school. Panelists will discuss how to prepare applications, write a winning application essay, get good recommendation letters, and to ace your interview. So, what are you waiting for? For more information, visit www.miami.edu/toppel.

The UM Council for Democracy presents former U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno at 6:00 p.m. in Storer Auditorium. Refreshments will be served. ‘Cane card required for entrance. For more information go to www.CouncilForDemocracy.org

Join AKA for Poetic Justice at 7:08 p.m. at the Storm Surge Cafe
Join Planet Kreyol for Movie Night premiering “Wind of Desire” at 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 pm. The cost is $3.00 for students and $5.00 for non-students.

The Wellness Center presents Understanding Osteoporosis as part of Women’s History Month. The event will be at 5:30 p.m. in the second floor conference room. To register for the free event contact 305-284-LIFE.

Don’t miss McMitzvah Madness at the UC patio from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Join Greater Miami Hillel in a celebration of Israel and it’s culture by performing small acts of charity. They’ll be plenty to see and do with live music, food and of course a live camel!

THURSDAY MARCH 27

You are invited to Sex in the Campus: An Evening with Candace Bushnell, Author of Sex in the City and 4 Blondes, in Storer Auditorium at 8:00 p.m. For more information, contact Hurricane Productions at www.um-hp.com.

Haitian Culture week continues with great food and music. Don’t miss the Haitian Food Sale in the UC Breezeway from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Be sure to stick around for Kompa (Haitian music) Fest on the UC Patio from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

How do you want? AKA’s got it! The irresistible ladies of AKA present their 2nd Annual Male Auction in the UC I-lounge at 7:38 p.m.

FRIDAY MARCH 28

Learn about the Life of an Outlaw with AKA while watching 8 Mile at 7:08 p.m. at the Hecht Masters Apartment.

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...