Culture

Winter Music Conference Calendar

Save some room in your beer gut during spring break for the Winter Music Conference, which swarms Miami Beach on March 18-22. Our coverage this year will be unparalleled – trust us (to be safe, this time we’re not throwing the parties). Here’s where we’ll be. Be safe.

March 18

Billboard Live – Urb party – Prince Paul, Peaches
Pure Lounge – Missy Elliott & Fabolous

March 19

Goddess – Jazzy Jeff, DJ Spinna (heard rumors about Pete Rock)
SoHo Lounge – Perversion Party – www.perversionparty.com

March 20

SoHo Lounge – the Fader party – the Rapture, Princess Superstar, Prince Paul
the Creek (this place is sick!)- XLR8R party – Beans, Funky Lowlives
Club Space – Sasha & Digweed

March 21

SoHo Lounge – Vice party – Adult, James Murphy (DFA), Justine D (Motherfucker NYC)
Level – Big Shot party – Dieselboy, the Allies (DJ Craze, A-trak)
Nikki Beach – Astralwerks party – Royksopp, VHS or Beta

March 22

Ultrafest (the Streets, Underworld) versus Infiltrate 5.0 (we’ll be @ Infiltrate)

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...