Butcher of Baghdad’s Reign of Terror Soon Over

The time has come for the United States to rid the world of its worst terrorist, liberate 25 million people and install democracy in Iraq. Inaction will result in Iraq’s indefinite condemnation to life under a tyrannical animal that mutilates, tortures, rapes, robs (Forbes estimates his personal wealth at $2 billion) and murders his people at will. The Iraqi people have the inherent, fundamental human rights of self-government, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The world must not continue closing its eyes, naively acquiescing and, as President Bush says, “hoping against the evidence” as it so regretfully did with Adolf Hitler. We have the opportunity to prevent another holocaust, including you or I as victims.
Iraq’s illegal, unaccounted-for weapons total at least 25,000 liters of anthrax, 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin, 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent, along with 30,000 chemical warheads and unmanned aerial vehicles to deliver them, according to a 1999 U.N. report. Hussein currently seeks the crown jewel of his terror arsenal, enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon, as evidenced by defected Iraq nuclear engineers and satellite images of rebuilt nuclear facilities. Under threat of nuclear holocaust, Hussein would again invade his neighbors, fulfilling his aspiration of Middle East domination.
Hussein has used chemical weapons against Iran and the Iraqi Kurds, murdering over 20,000 civilians. Iraq financially supports the families of Palestinian homicide bombers, an unjustifiable evil. Hussein has praised the 9/11/01 attacks, given refuge to and instructed Al-Qaeda terrorists how to produce bombs, poisons and lethal gases for use against the U.S. The slaughter of 2,998 civilians finally awoke America to terrorism after eight years of inexcusable inaction under Bill Clinton. How many more Americans must die before we eliminate Saddam Hussein?
In material breach of UN resolution 1441, verifying the disarmament of Iraq, Hussein has threatened to kill the families of Iraqi scientists for cooperating with inspectors, hid documents and sanitized weapons sites. C.I.A. intelligence indicates weapons facilities have been mobilized on trucks or buried underground, making them impossible to locate. It’s Iraq’s obligation to present and destroy their weapons. If by miracle the U.N. locates them, Iraq will simply produce more.
Hussein bears full culpability for Iraqi and American casualties during the war he’s forcing upon the world. In the words of our courageous president, “We did not ask for this present challenge, but we accept it . . . we will meet the responsibility of defending human liberty against violence and aggression . . . and lead the world to a better day.” God Bless Our Armed Forces.

Pete Trombadore can be contacted at petetrombadore@hotmail.com.

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...