Butcher of Baghdad’s Reign of Terror Soon Over

The time has come for the United States to rid the world of its worst terrorist, liberate 25 million people and install democracy in Iraq. Inaction will result in Iraq’s indefinite condemnation to life under a tyrannical animal that mutilates, tortures, rapes, robs (Forbes estimates his personal wealth at $2 billion) and murders his people at will. The Iraqi people have the inherent, fundamental human rights of self-government, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The world must not continue closing its eyes, naively acquiescing and, as President Bush says, “hoping against the evidence” as it so regretfully did with Adolf Hitler. We have the opportunity to prevent another holocaust, including you or I as victims.
Iraq’s illegal, unaccounted-for weapons total at least 25,000 liters of anthrax, 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin, 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent, along with 30,000 chemical warheads and unmanned aerial vehicles to deliver them, according to a 1999 U.N. report. Hussein currently seeks the crown jewel of his terror arsenal, enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon, as evidenced by defected Iraq nuclear engineers and satellite images of rebuilt nuclear facilities. Under threat of nuclear holocaust, Hussein would again invade his neighbors, fulfilling his aspiration of Middle East domination.
Hussein has used chemical weapons against Iran and the Iraqi Kurds, murdering over 20,000 civilians. Iraq financially supports the families of Palestinian homicide bombers, an unjustifiable evil. Hussein has praised the 9/11/01 attacks, given refuge to and instructed Al-Qaeda terrorists how to produce bombs, poisons and lethal gases for use against the U.S. The slaughter of 2,998 civilians finally awoke America to terrorism after eight years of inexcusable inaction under Bill Clinton. How many more Americans must die before we eliminate Saddam Hussein?
In material breach of UN resolution 1441, verifying the disarmament of Iraq, Hussein has threatened to kill the families of Iraqi scientists for cooperating with inspectors, hid documents and sanitized weapons sites. C.I.A. intelligence indicates weapons facilities have been mobilized on trucks or buried underground, making them impossible to locate. It’s Iraq’s obligation to present and destroy their weapons. If by miracle the U.N. locates them, Iraq will simply produce more.
Hussein bears full culpability for Iraqi and American casualties during the war he’s forcing upon the world. In the words of our courageous president, “We did not ask for this present challenge, but we accept it . . . we will meet the responsibility of defending human liberty against violence and aggression . . . and lead the world to a better day.” God Bless Our Armed Forces.

Pete Trombadore can be contacted at petetrombadore@hotmail.com.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...