Butcher of Baghdad’s Reign of Terror Soon Over

The time has come for the United States to rid the world of its worst terrorist, liberate 25 million people and install democracy in Iraq. Inaction will result in Iraq’s indefinite condemnation to life under a tyrannical animal that mutilates, tortures, rapes, robs (Forbes estimates his personal wealth at $2 billion) and murders his people at will. The Iraqi people have the inherent, fundamental human rights of self-government, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The world must not continue closing its eyes, naively acquiescing and, as President Bush says, “hoping against the evidence” as it so regretfully did with Adolf Hitler. We have the opportunity to prevent another holocaust, including you or I as victims.
Iraq’s illegal, unaccounted-for weapons total at least 25,000 liters of anthrax, 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin, 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent, along with 30,000 chemical warheads and unmanned aerial vehicles to deliver them, according to a 1999 U.N. report. Hussein currently seeks the crown jewel of his terror arsenal, enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon, as evidenced by defected Iraq nuclear engineers and satellite images of rebuilt nuclear facilities. Under threat of nuclear holocaust, Hussein would again invade his neighbors, fulfilling his aspiration of Middle East domination.
Hussein has used chemical weapons against Iran and the Iraqi Kurds, murdering over 20,000 civilians. Iraq financially supports the families of Palestinian homicide bombers, an unjustifiable evil. Hussein has praised the 9/11/01 attacks, given refuge to and instructed Al-Qaeda terrorists how to produce bombs, poisons and lethal gases for use against the U.S. The slaughter of 2,998 civilians finally awoke America to terrorism after eight years of inexcusable inaction under Bill Clinton. How many more Americans must die before we eliminate Saddam Hussein?
In material breach of UN resolution 1441, verifying the disarmament of Iraq, Hussein has threatened to kill the families of Iraqi scientists for cooperating with inspectors, hid documents and sanitized weapons sites. C.I.A. intelligence indicates weapons facilities have been mobilized on trucks or buried underground, making them impossible to locate. It’s Iraq’s obligation to present and destroy their weapons. If by miracle the U.N. locates them, Iraq will simply produce more.
Hussein bears full culpability for Iraqi and American casualties during the war he’s forcing upon the world. In the words of our courageous president, “We did not ask for this present challenge, but we accept it . . . we will meet the responsibility of defending human liberty against violence and aggression . . . and lead the world to a better day.” God Bless Our Armed Forces.

Pete Trombadore can be contacted at petetrombadore@hotmail.com.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...