Butcher of Baghdad’s Reign of Terror Soon Over

The time has come for the United States to rid the world of its worst terrorist, liberate 25 million people and install democracy in Iraq. Inaction will result in Iraq’s indefinite condemnation to life under a tyrannical animal that mutilates, tortures, rapes, robs (Forbes estimates his personal wealth at $2 billion) and murders his people at will. The Iraqi people have the inherent, fundamental human rights of self-government, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The world must not continue closing its eyes, naively acquiescing and, as President Bush says, “hoping against the evidence” as it so regretfully did with Adolf Hitler. We have the opportunity to prevent another holocaust, including you or I as victims.
Iraq’s illegal, unaccounted-for weapons total at least 25,000 liters of anthrax, 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin, 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent, along with 30,000 chemical warheads and unmanned aerial vehicles to deliver them, according to a 1999 U.N. report. Hussein currently seeks the crown jewel of his terror arsenal, enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon, as evidenced by defected Iraq nuclear engineers and satellite images of rebuilt nuclear facilities. Under threat of nuclear holocaust, Hussein would again invade his neighbors, fulfilling his aspiration of Middle East domination.
Hussein has used chemical weapons against Iran and the Iraqi Kurds, murdering over 20,000 civilians. Iraq financially supports the families of Palestinian homicide bombers, an unjustifiable evil. Hussein has praised the 9/11/01 attacks, given refuge to and instructed Al-Qaeda terrorists how to produce bombs, poisons and lethal gases for use against the U.S. The slaughter of 2,998 civilians finally awoke America to terrorism after eight years of inexcusable inaction under Bill Clinton. How many more Americans must die before we eliminate Saddam Hussein?
In material breach of UN resolution 1441, verifying the disarmament of Iraq, Hussein has threatened to kill the families of Iraqi scientists for cooperating with inspectors, hid documents and sanitized weapons sites. C.I.A. intelligence indicates weapons facilities have been mobilized on trucks or buried underground, making them impossible to locate. It’s Iraq’s obligation to present and destroy their weapons. If by miracle the U.N. locates them, Iraq will simply produce more.
Hussein bears full culpability for Iraqi and American casualties during the war he’s forcing upon the world. In the words of our courageous president, “We did not ask for this present challenge, but we accept it . . . we will meet the responsibility of defending human liberty against violence and aggression . . . and lead the world to a better day.” God Bless Our Armed Forces.

Pete Trombadore can be contacted at petetrombadore@hotmail.com.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...