News Briefs

What’s up with musicians and pedophilia? Operation Ore, the U.K. onslaught on child pornography, is up full effect: after having arrested The Who’s Pete Townshend for allegedly viewing nude kiddies, the police took electro outfit Massive Attack’s Robert “3-D” Del Naja into custody as well. He’s been released on bail and claims to have never looked at naked kids, but the cops impounded “class A” drugs and his computer from his home in Bristol.

To those faithful prime-time TV fans: Sarah Michelle Gellar will not star in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” next fall. Moreover, the show’s future seems to be up in the air and many cast members believe it’s the final year for the program.

British rock group Blur announced the release of their new album, Think Tank, for May 5th-their first studio effort since 1999’s 13. Their old guitarist, Graham Coxon, has been replaced (because of discrepancies within the band) by ex-Verve member Simon Tong and, while most of the album’s production is handled by Ben Hillier, Fatboy Slim, electronic DJ and producer, lends his talents on two tracks as well.

Cradle 2 the Grave, a film pairing mainstream rapper DMX and martial arts superstar Jet Li, topped the box office with $17.1 million at this weekend’s opening.

Queens of the Stone Age, enigmatic rockers who borrowed Nirvana’s drummer Dave Grohl for their single and video “No One Knows,” are currently touring. They started in Las Vegas on Feb. 22nd and will end in Norfolfk, Virginia on March 24th. They stop at Ft. Lauderdale’s Culture Room on March 18th. Moroever, they were nominated for a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance, but shunned the awards ceremony on Feb. 23rd to instead play a show in Pomona, California.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...