News Briefs

What’s up with musicians and pedophilia? Operation Ore, the U.K. onslaught on child pornography, is up full effect: after having arrested The Who’s Pete Townshend for allegedly viewing nude kiddies, the police took electro outfit Massive Attack’s Robert “3-D” Del Naja into custody as well. He’s been released on bail and claims to have never looked at naked kids, but the cops impounded “class A” drugs and his computer from his home in Bristol.

To those faithful prime-time TV fans: Sarah Michelle Gellar will not star in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” next fall. Moreover, the show’s future seems to be up in the air and many cast members believe it’s the final year for the program.

British rock group Blur announced the release of their new album, Think Tank, for May 5th-their first studio effort since 1999’s 13. Their old guitarist, Graham Coxon, has been replaced (because of discrepancies within the band) by ex-Verve member Simon Tong and, while most of the album’s production is handled by Ben Hillier, Fatboy Slim, electronic DJ and producer, lends his talents on two tracks as well.

Cradle 2 the Grave, a film pairing mainstream rapper DMX and martial arts superstar Jet Li, topped the box office with $17.1 million at this weekend’s opening.

Queens of the Stone Age, enigmatic rockers who borrowed Nirvana’s drummer Dave Grohl for their single and video “No One Knows,” are currently touring. They started in Las Vegas on Feb. 22nd and will end in Norfolfk, Virginia on March 24th. They stop at Ft. Lauderdale’s Culture Room on March 18th. Moroever, they were nominated for a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance, but shunned the awards ceremony on Feb. 23rd to instead play a show in Pomona, California.

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...