News Briefs

What’s up with musicians and pedophilia? Operation Ore, the U.K. onslaught on child pornography, is up full effect: after having arrested The Who’s Pete Townshend for allegedly viewing nude kiddies, the police took electro outfit Massive Attack’s Robert “3-D” Del Naja into custody as well. He’s been released on bail and claims to have never looked at naked kids, but the cops impounded “class A” drugs and his computer from his home in Bristol.

To those faithful prime-time TV fans: Sarah Michelle Gellar will not star in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” next fall. Moreover, the show’s future seems to be up in the air and many cast members believe it’s the final year for the program.

British rock group Blur announced the release of their new album, Think Tank, for May 5th-their first studio effort since 1999’s 13. Their old guitarist, Graham Coxon, has been replaced (because of discrepancies within the band) by ex-Verve member Simon Tong and, while most of the album’s production is handled by Ben Hillier, Fatboy Slim, electronic DJ and producer, lends his talents on two tracks as well.

Cradle 2 the Grave, a film pairing mainstream rapper DMX and martial arts superstar Jet Li, topped the box office with $17.1 million at this weekend’s opening.

Queens of the Stone Age, enigmatic rockers who borrowed Nirvana’s drummer Dave Grohl for their single and video “No One Knows,” are currently touring. They started in Las Vegas on Feb. 22nd and will end in Norfolfk, Virginia on March 24th. They stop at Ft. Lauderdale’s Culture Room on March 18th. Moroever, they were nominated for a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance, but shunned the awards ceremony on Feb. 23rd to instead play a show in Pomona, California.

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...