UM Urban Legends Series: Sylvester Stallone’s UM porn flick

Many students find it strange that Sylvester Stallone earned his degree in Theatre Arts from UM in 1998 at the age of 52.
Some think that he could have possibly been suspended sometime during his undergraduate enrollment at UM because he filmed a porn flick at the School of Communications.
Others believe he brought a fake bazooka to class during the taping of Rambo and was immediately arrested and expelled.
Some even say that Stallone used his professors for practice during the taping of Rocky.
“I’m not a big fan of the guy, but I’ve definitely heard all of the rumors,” John Hoyas, sophomore, said. “Something pretty bad had to have happened for his graduation to be delayed for so long.”
Stallone was actually a drama student at UM in 1969, but left to pursue an acting career in New York City.
Records show that he was three credits short of graduating when he dropped out.
It was while in New York that he appeared in a softcore porn film entitled Party at Kitty’s and Studs, which was later marketed as The Italian Stallion after he became famous.
“Maybe he didn’t film the movie at UM, but I bet he thought about it,” Hoyas said after he was told that Stallone was actually featured in a porn film.
It wasn’t until the late 70s and much of the 80s, when Stallone’s popularity was at its peak, that rumors ran rampant around the UM campus that Stallone had been suspended from UM because he was caught filming a porn in the Film Department.
“I was always under the impression that he had been discovered after his superb performance in the films he starred in and produced,” Gina Maslow, a former UM student, said. “Looking back, I should have known there was nothing too impressive about him.”
“I would have never thought he was actually a porn star,” Maslow said.
Despite the evidence, some students still believe the rumors.
“I want to do what he did,” Carlos Consuegra, senior, said. “That’s my idol.”
“What I want to know is what his porn name was – what was the plot?” Shannon Daion Harris, junior, said. “I bet he was UNICCO Man: ‘I’m here to take out your trash.'”

The UM Urban Legends Series has been concluded. In total, eight urban legends and rumors were investigated by the Miami Hurricane. The Miami Hurricane will consider the possibility of establishing another series if suggestions are brought to our attention.

Anyone interested in having an urban legend or rumor researched is encouraged to contact Jorge Arauz, News Editor, at xxarauzxx@yahoo.com.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...