UM Urban Legends Series: Sylvester Stallone’s UM porn flick

Many students find it strange that Sylvester Stallone earned his degree in Theatre Arts from UM in 1998 at the age of 52.
Some think that he could have possibly been suspended sometime during his undergraduate enrollment at UM because he filmed a porn flick at the School of Communications.
Others believe he brought a fake bazooka to class during the taping of Rambo and was immediately arrested and expelled.
Some even say that Stallone used his professors for practice during the taping of Rocky.
“I’m not a big fan of the guy, but I’ve definitely heard all of the rumors,” John Hoyas, sophomore, said. “Something pretty bad had to have happened for his graduation to be delayed for so long.”
Stallone was actually a drama student at UM in 1969, but left to pursue an acting career in New York City.
Records show that he was three credits short of graduating when he dropped out.
It was while in New York that he appeared in a softcore porn film entitled Party at Kitty’s and Studs, which was later marketed as The Italian Stallion after he became famous.
“Maybe he didn’t film the movie at UM, but I bet he thought about it,” Hoyas said after he was told that Stallone was actually featured in a porn film.
It wasn’t until the late 70s and much of the 80s, when Stallone’s popularity was at its peak, that rumors ran rampant around the UM campus that Stallone had been suspended from UM because he was caught filming a porn in the Film Department.
“I was always under the impression that he had been discovered after his superb performance in the films he starred in and produced,” Gina Maslow, a former UM student, said. “Looking back, I should have known there was nothing too impressive about him.”
“I would have never thought he was actually a porn star,” Maslow said.
Despite the evidence, some students still believe the rumors.
“I want to do what he did,” Carlos Consuegra, senior, said. “That’s my idol.”
“What I want to know is what his porn name was – what was the plot?” Shannon Daion Harris, junior, said. “I bet he was UNICCO Man: ‘I’m here to take out your trash.'”

The UM Urban Legends Series has been concluded. In total, eight urban legends and rumors were investigated by the Miami Hurricane. The Miami Hurricane will consider the possibility of establishing another series if suggestions are brought to our attention.

Anyone interested in having an urban legend or rumor researched is encouraged to contact Jorge Arauz, News Editor, at xxarauzxx@yahoo.com.

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The Miami Hurricanes football coaching staff is officially complete. UM announced Friday that Taylor ...

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

Check out the January edition of the University of Miami's e-magazine. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the young season after securing a ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first doubleheader of the season Saturday in ...