Letter to the Editor

Letter to the Editor:

I was absolutely appalled by Life & Art’s section entitled “eye filler” in today’s issue of The Hurricane. First of all, not all UM girls suffer from this “hormonal confusion” you speak of. And second of, for every girl that has a picture of some guy with a rock hard body hanging on her wall, you will find two guys that have pictures of scantily clad women with their breasts falling out of the scraps of clothing they try to pass off as bathing suits. This is type of sexist journalism should not be in our school’s newspaper. You make huge generalizations about the female students here and you completely fail to address the issue of males’ “hormonal confusion.” Sorry to disappoint you but not every girl sits in her room drooling over a picture of some guy cut out of an Abercrombie and Fitch bag.
Thank you,

Annette Ponnock
Freshman

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...