Letter to the Editor

Letter to the Editor:

I was absolutely appalled by Life & Art’s section entitled “eye filler” in today’s issue of The Hurricane. First of all, not all UM girls suffer from this “hormonal confusion” you speak of. And second of, for every girl that has a picture of some guy with a rock hard body hanging on her wall, you will find two guys that have pictures of scantily clad women with their breasts falling out of the scraps of clothing they try to pass off as bathing suits. This is type of sexist journalism should not be in our school’s newspaper. You make huge generalizations about the female students here and you completely fail to address the issue of males’ “hormonal confusion.” Sorry to disappoint you but not every girl sits in her room drooling over a picture of some guy cut out of an Abercrombie and Fitch bag.
Thank you,

Annette Ponnock
Freshman

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas