Letter to the Editor

Letter to the Editor:

I was absolutely appalled by Life & Art’s section entitled “eye filler” in today’s issue of The Hurricane. First of all, not all UM girls suffer from this “hormonal confusion” you speak of. And second of, for every girl that has a picture of some guy with a rock hard body hanging on her wall, you will find two guys that have pictures of scantily clad women with their breasts falling out of the scraps of clothing they try to pass off as bathing suits. This is type of sexist journalism should not be in our school’s newspaper. You make huge generalizations about the female students here and you completely fail to address the issue of males’ “hormonal confusion.” Sorry to disappoint you but not every girl sits in her room drooling over a picture of some guy cut out of an Abercrombie and Fitch bag.
Thank you,

Annette Ponnock
Freshman

Universities are banding together to oppose a new immigration policy that could adversely impact int

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of