Vice-Presidental Candidates

Candidate: Julie Beltz
Year in school: Junior
Major: Psychology
Leadership experience: Delta Gamma, Director of WellAware, Vice-President: Panhellenic, Orientation Assistant Orientation Coordinator and Program Coordinator, Artemis: Executive Board, Vagina Monologues / V-Force: Co-Chair, A Week for Life: Publicity Co-Chair. Running in conjunction with Robert Castro and Jason Starr (treasurer). “Making UM better for the students who attend through awareness, education, programming, etc. is a process I’ve always been committed to. Anyone intelligent who has ever worked under a great leader before knows that leadership skills are transferable – and I’ve already proved here at UM that I’m a strong leader.”

Candidate: Aimee Dehbozorgi
Year in School: Junior
Major: Biology, Chemistry
Leadership experience: SG Cabinet, Arts and Sciences senator for two years, Academic Affairs committee chair of Senate, Category Five publicity chair. “Based on my experience on SG I know what changes need to be done and how to go about them.”
nCandidate: Chris Clark
Year in school: Sophomore
Major: Political Science, Psychology
Leadership experience: freshmen and sophomore senator in SG, Fun Day group leader, orientation assistant, Honor Council, Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity , office assistant at the office of VP of student affairs.”As a sophomore I have 2 years of SG leadership and experience. I am not looking to change the face of UM I am looking to better the already great aspects of the university. My past experiences enable me to keep my goals. I know how to work with the administration.”

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...