Sports Briefs

The Miami women’s tennis had its 12-match home-winning streak snapped as the No. 14-ranked Hurricanes were upset, 6-1, by No. 35 Harvard Monday afternoon at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Women’s Tennis Brief
The Hurricanes fall to 4-2 overall while Harvard improves to 4-1 on the season.
Harvard jumped out early taking the 1-0 lead into singles with wins at No. 1 and No. 2 doubles.
Courtney Bergman and Susanna Lingman defeated Igna deVilliers and Abby Smith 9-7 at No. 1 doubles. Sanja Bajin and Alexis Martire knocked off Melissa Applebaum and Megan Bradley 8-4 at No. 2 doubles Sara Robbins tied the match at one-all with a straight set victory 6-3, 6-2 over Melissa Anderson at No. 6 singles.
The Crimson secured the victory by sweeping No. 1 through No. 5 singles. Bergman and Martire notched three set wins at No. 1 and No. 3 singles respectively. Lingman, ranked #64, recorded a 6-3, 7-5 win over #57 Mari Toro at No. 2 singles.
Eva Wang and Bajin recorded Harvard’s other two singles wins.
Bradley and Applebaum both won the first set before falling in three at No. 1 and No. 3 singles.
Miami continues to lead the all-time series 3-2 over Harvard.
Harvard will be back in action on Saturday when it hosts Boston University at 11 a.m. for its first home match of the spring season.
The Hurricanes are back in action Saturday at 1 p.m. hosting South Florida.

Compiled by the Sports Information Department.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...