Culture

Empirical Mile: The college band prescription

Empirical Mile plays every gig like they’re at a party in The Rules of Attraction. This quintet of eclectic juniors attending the UM School of Music, possesses the knowledge, backbone, and chemistry to both catch a fire and douse UM students with a weekend release. Empirical Mile’s front man, Michael John Hancock, jumps around at shows with Jagger swagger offering melodic prescriptions, backed by a band that’s far beyond clich

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...