Culture

Studying a breed of “individuals” -The life of hipsters

Author Robert Lanham talks about hipster life
As the Liars’ album seeps through headphones strapped above his Leche mesh trucker cap, he ambles down the urban streets into thrift shops and vinyl stores, looking to cop some vintage shirts and an indie hip hop record. His girl, sporting Pumas and a copy of David Sedaris’ Naked peeking out from her tri-colored handbag, looks at the giant billboards and chain stores swamped across the city, and sneers at them all, deriding the monopolies of commercial franchises planted in the face of consumers. While drinking latt

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol