News Briefs

50 Cent can purchase a small country’s gun supply (he’s going to need them) now that his debut album, Get Rich or Die Tryin’, pushed 872,000 copies in its first week. So Fiddy, you’ve accomplished your goal of getting rich, what’s next? Hopefully not a requisite quickly produced posse album showcasing your lame crew Gorilla Unit. Yeah? Great. G-Unit!

When they’re not secretly flipping through The Hipster Handbook, Miami’s scenesters are gossiping about the Rapture playing a Winter Music Conference bash at Club Revolver in the coming weeks. What? Iggy Pop’s spinning? That’s deck!

How many film franchises does some-time boozer Ben Affleck need? He worked his mediocre curse on the Jack Ryan series with The Sum of All Fears, L&A hears that Bruckheimer wants a sequel to Pearl Harbor, and now $42 million worth of wankstas went to see Daredevil this weekend. Why doesn’t he do another Kevin Smith film? Really? Cool. With J-Lo? Dude, Kevin Smith sucks.

Level’s first attempt at theatre (we think), “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” has already closed up shop because the tix weren’t selling. We actually heard it was impressive and planned on checking it out. Anyway, Level will probably go back to booking trance, cough, global house DJs who moonlight in electroclash, cough, electro, cough, trance.

The Miami art houses need to use their “pieces” and bring down that killer documentary, Lost in La Mancha, about Terry Gilliam’s botched attempt to make The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. While they’re at it, what’s the deal with Macaulay Culkin’s Party Monster and Larry Clark’s gross-out Ken Park? How much NYC glossy magazine circle jerking must we endure?

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...