News Briefs

Tonight

Yeah, yeah, it’s Valentine’s Day. Buy some flowers, take a walk by the water, eat some overpriced food by candlelight and wine, all that lovey-dovey shit, then hit up the Revolver party at Soho Lounge,175-193 NE 36th St., Miami, with The Mercury Program (these dudes use some crazy vibraphones and bells), and a CD release party for the new album by Nick Cave and Cat Power’s “You Are Free” single. 305-576-1988.

We can’t get enough of English brews and good tunes at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave. All is Well, Dear Starlet and Wasted Circle on stage. Cover varies. Call 305-757-1807.

Saturday, February 15
Satisfy your artistic eye at an opening at the Daniel Azoulay Gallery, 3900 A. NE 1st. Ave., Miami. Look through photographs of Marilyn Monroe by Douglas Kirkland and sensual shots of nudes and other by Horst P. Horst. 305-576-1977.

We know at least half of you readers like to pamper yourself to SoBe’s lustrous club scene, so if you do, check out this new spot called Jade, 1766 Bay Road, Miami Beach. This is some upscale, chi-chi type shit, but we’re letting you know because we like to cater to all readers at UM (tongue-in-cheek).

But if you’d rather stick in the know with the alternatives, make your way to Poplife at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami, and jam to Sunday Driver performing live and hear a sneak preview to Postal Service’s new album as well. Call 305-573-8221.

Sunday, February 16
Henry Rollins savages the mic at the Carefree Theatre, 2000 S. Dixie Hwy., West Palm Beach. It’s 20 bucks and starts at 8 p.m. 561-833-7305.

Friday, February 21
Santana performs at the American Airlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. $35.30-65.50. Opens at 7:30 p.m.

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...