News Briefs

Rob Zombie promoted his first flick, House of 1000 Corpses (which is set to hit theatres on March 28), at the Comic Book and Pop Culture Convention at the Pasadena Center in California this past weekend. By making this appearance, the fright-rocker wants to legitimize himself as a credible writer/director.

A new spy thriller, The Recruit, starring Al Pacino and Colin Farrell, debuted at No. 1 in the box office, grossing $16.5 million in its first weekend. It was followed by Final Destination 2–a horror film about death lurking around young people on Spring Break–with $16.2 million, according to studio estimates.

A group of notable American poets, invited to the White House poetry symposium on Feb. 12, were planning to use the event to criticize the administration’s policies towards Iraq. However, when the First Lady heard of this, the occasion was indefinitely adjourned.

Controversial Russian lesbian duo, Tatu, have recently topped the British singles charts, wearing racy school uniforms in their video, while kissing and cuddling. The music group’s been accused of “targeting the dirty old man market” and of “pedophile porn” by child protection agencies and British TV hosts.

Dirty South rapper Juvenile got busted again: the MC and friends were arrested from a Lincoln Town Car during a traffic stop in New Orleans and were charged with possession of marijuana and cocaine. In the past, Juvenile’s been charged with aggravated battery with a bottle, battery on a law enforcement officer, simple battery when he punched his barber, two counts of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest in Miami.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...