2003 HURRICANE BASeball LINE-UP Part 1

Pitchers
This year’s squad will begin with Dan Touchet, Brandon Camardese, Vince Bongiovanni, and Ryan Dixon in the rotation. J.D. Cockroft will be waiting in the wings for a starting job.

Shortstop
Paco Figueroa will begin his first season as the full-time shortstop. Figueroa performed well as a part-time starter last year. Morris is looking for his speed to contribute to the Hurricanes offense this season.

Bullpen
George Huguet will be the closer after coming back from his injury. Until then Cockroft will hold down the fort along with Shawn Valdes-Fauli, Andrew Cohn, and a myriad of newcomers.

3rd Base
Gaby Sanchez will start at third base. Morris is looking for a big year from this kid on all sides of the ball.

Left Field
Junior transfer Tommy Shannon will most likely take this spot. Look for a leadership role out of Shannon as the season progresses.

Catcher
Erick San Pedro will start behind the plate for the ‘Canes. San Pedro had a great off-season, improving his bat in the process. Look for San Pedro to put up decent numbers this season to go with his arm and defensive abilities.

University of Miami’s new/old starting quarterback Malik Rosier thought his college football career ...

You know what the infamous N’Kosi Perry wads-o’-cash video brings to mind for me? The good old days. ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday evening: ▪ Would you like a greater understanding of why ...

As the college football season continues toward the finish line, Bovada updated its odds on who can ...

More misfortune for the University of Miami football program. University of Miami freshman running b ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

Miami's offense has shown consistent improvement in practice and it is eager to shine on Friday ...

The University of Miami volleyball program closes out its homestand against instate rival Florida St ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami women's basketball placed fifth in the ACC Coaches' predicted order of finish, w ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up competition Tuesday at the ITA Southeast R ...