2003 HURRICANE BASeball LINE-UP Part 1

Pitchers
This year’s squad will begin with Dan Touchet, Brandon Camardese, Vince Bongiovanni, and Ryan Dixon in the rotation. J.D. Cockroft will be waiting in the wings for a starting job.

Shortstop
Paco Figueroa will begin his first season as the full-time shortstop. Figueroa performed well as a part-time starter last year. Morris is looking for his speed to contribute to the Hurricanes offense this season.

Bullpen
George Huguet will be the closer after coming back from his injury. Until then Cockroft will hold down the fort along with Shawn Valdes-Fauli, Andrew Cohn, and a myriad of newcomers.

3rd Base
Gaby Sanchez will start at third base. Morris is looking for a big year from this kid on all sides of the ball.

Left Field
Junior transfer Tommy Shannon will most likely take this spot. Look for a leadership role out of Shannon as the season progresses.

Catcher
Erick San Pedro will start behind the plate for the ‘Canes. San Pedro had a great off-season, improving his bat in the process. Look for San Pedro to put up decent numbers this season to go with his arm and defensive abilities.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...