Spring Ting informs UM students with knowledge

The Involvement Fair and Spring Ting was held on Thursday, Jan. 23 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. on the UC Patio. This year COSO teamed up with Hurricane Productions to present the event to students. The involvement fair was a way to gather information about UM’s 200 plus student organizations and many different UM departments. It also helped students learn how to get involved. The Spring Ting was a fun way to get away from class and included entertainment such as games, food, and giveaways.
Compiled by the Hurricane News Staff

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...