Letter from Larry Coker

Dear Hurricane Fans,

As we enter the last regular season game of this year, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your support throughout this 2002 campaign. Your unwavering enthusiasm for our student-athletes and coaches has been tremendous.
The eyes of the nation will be upon us on Saturday as ABC will carry the game live across the country. We -as student-athletes and coaches- and you -as Hurricane fans- have the opportunity on Saturday to represent the University of Miami and the South Florida community in the highest regard.
Let us use this moment to demonstrate good sportsmanship to our respected opponent, Virginia Tech, and their fans -especially those that will make their way to the Orange Bowl to enjoy the game.
Saturday will be especially unique for our senior student-athletes as they run through the smoke for their final game in the Orange Bowl. I speak for them when I thank you again for your continued support -you have made their experience a memorable one.
I invite you to join me on Saturday as we show the nation why it is great to be a Miami Hurricane.

Sincerely,
Larry Coker
Head Coach
University of Miami Football

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...