L&A News Briefs

Tonight

Make your way to the Egalitiarian Art Show, one night only, at the Rainbow Building, 1540 Levante Ave., right behind Titanic. Live music by UM’s best band, Empirical Mile, and art by Ashley Saks, Alex Saleeby, Reeve Schumacher, Walter Garcia, Ivan Baez and many others. Montechristo Rum is sponsoring, i.e. FREE DRINKS. This is the spot to be at this Friday night at 8:30 p.m. so don’t miss out!!

Eve performs with Clipse at the James L. Knight Center, 400 SE Second Ave., Miami. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tix are $34-$64. Call 305-372-4634.

Get your Friday grooves on with The Stop Motion, Shot Gun Wedding, Vidavox and Suncoup at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami. Cover varies (never more than $10). Call 305-757-1807.

Saturday, December7
Browse through the international art convention, Art Basel, which runs until Sunday, open from noon-7 p.m. and features expos from 150 leading world galleries (Miami Beach Convention Center, Convention Center Drive and Washington Ave., Miami Beach). $10-$15. 305-891-7270.
Also, the Wild Seduction Gallery, 2762 NW 22 St., Miami, hosts Art Attack #1 and Burlesque Nights 8 p.m.-12 a.m.

Station 103.1 presents Buzz Bake Sale 2002 with Cypress Hill, Everclear, Our Lady Peace and others at the Coral Sky Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansburys Way, West Palm Beach. $36 or $26. 561-793-0445.

Poplife produces The Block Party for NewTimes’ 15-year anniversary. The whole block along Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami, will be closed and there will be groups like Rocking Horse Winner, Counterflow artist Induce and visual works by Dustin Orlando, Francesco LoCastro + LEBO, plus a fashion show by M-80. Entrance is free and party starts at 10 p.m. 305-573-8221.

Friday, December 27
Revolver at Soho Lounge, 175-193 NE 36th St., Miami, celebrates its 2nd Anniversary.

Tuesday, December 31
New Year’s at Bayfront Park Amphitheater’s free bash from 8 p.m.-12 a.m. at 301 N. Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Damian Marley, Iconz and Betty Padgett & Elements of Funk will perform. 305-358-7550.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...