Culture

L&A News Briefs

Tonight

Make your way to the Egalitiarian Art Show, one night only, at the Rainbow Building, 1540 Levante Ave., right behind Titanic. Live music by UM’s best band, Empirical Mile, and art by Ashley Saks, Alex Saleeby, Reeve Schumacher, Walter Garcia, Ivan Baez and many others. Montechristo Rum is sponsoring, i.e. FREE DRINKS. This is the spot to be at this Friday night at 8:30 p.m. so don’t miss out!!

Eve performs with Clipse at the James L. Knight Center, 400 SE Second Ave., Miami. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tix are $34-$64. Call 305-372-4634.

Get your Friday grooves on with The Stop Motion, Shot Gun Wedding, Vidavox and Suncoup at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami. Cover varies (never more than $10). Call 305-757-1807.

Saturday, December7
Browse through the international art convention, Art Basel, which runs until Sunday, open from noon-7 p.m. and features expos from 150 leading world galleries (Miami Beach Convention Center, Convention Center Drive and Washington Ave., Miami Beach). $10-$15. 305-891-7270.
Also, the Wild Seduction Gallery, 2762 NW 22 St., Miami, hosts Art Attack #1 and Burlesque Nights 8 p.m.-12 a.m.

Station 103.1 presents Buzz Bake Sale 2002 with Cypress Hill, Everclear, Our Lady Peace and others at the Coral Sky Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansburys Way, West Palm Beach. $36 or $26. 561-793-0445.

Poplife produces The Block Party for NewTimes’ 15-year anniversary. The whole block along Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami, will be closed and there will be groups like Rocking Horse Winner, Counterflow artist Induce and visual works by Dustin Orlando, Francesco LoCastro + LEBO, plus a fashion show by M-80. Entrance is free and party starts at 10 p.m. 305-573-8221.

Friday, December 27
Revolver at Soho Lounge, 175-193 NE 36th St., Miami, celebrates its 2nd Anniversary.

Tuesday, December 31
New Year’s at Bayfront Park Amphitheater’s free bash from 8 p.m.-12 a.m. at 301 N. Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Damian Marley, Iconz and Betty Padgett & Elements of Funk will perform. 305-358-7550.

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...