CHECK YOURSELF: WVUM’s Top 10 of 2K2 Part 1 10 thru 6

Well, the year is coming to an end, and so it’s obligatory that I make a list of the top ten records of the year. Since I’m a lazy bitch, I’m just going to use the list of the radio station’s 10 favorite CDs of 2002, because my list really doesn’t differ much from it anyway. For those of you who still buy CDs, buy these CDs. For those who do all your shopping via SoulSeek, buy these CDs. It’s worth it.

10
Oxes
Oxxxes
Wow. Just wow. If you didn’t see them play the Polish American with Trans Am (Trans Who?), kick yourself firmly in the ass. This is powerfully energetic instrumental music that provides the perfect combination of bookshelf shaking jams and creative dissonance.

9
Songs: Ohia
Didn’t it Rain
Molina and Co. return on yet another fantastic album from Songs:Ohia. In most discussions about the group, the word “haunting” comes up. I can’t say I disagree.

8
Mum
Finally We are No One
Mum’s second album features a lot more organic instrumentation,
making their live show a spectacle to behold. This is the perfect album to “borrow” from your girlfriend and listen to when no one is looking. If you happen to get caught, just say you like it ’cause the twin singers are hot.

7
Hayden
Skyscraper National Park
Easily one of my personal top three for the year, Hayden sequestered himself for three years, and was finally able to emerge with a fluid album. Start to stop, this record is a must-have for cool-weather road trips with the windows down. Shit, this record makes me want to own a Cabrio and make a stupid VW commercial.

6
Sonic Youth
Murray Street
I fought the idea of this album just as much as I tried to fight Wilco’s, but producer/member Jim O’Rourke just ruins my life by making critically acclaimed albums that appeal to even the snobbiest of tastes.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...