News Briefs

The University of Miami’s one and only televised quiz show returns for its second season. Taping for UMIQ is set for Friday, Nov. 22, with episodes airing in spring 2003. Episodes are as follows: #1: Greeks vs. Stanford, #2: Pearson vs. Eaton, #3: Mahoney vs. Hecht, #4: Apartments vs. Commuters. Winners from each episode will move on to the finals. Thousands of dollars are up for grabs. See www.umiq.miami.edu for more details.

With the recent re-opening of the second floor for parking in the Ponce de Leon Garage, all holders of current UM parking permits and temporary passes are welcome to these additional spaces. Stay tuned for future updates on the imminent completion of this expanded facility. As a reminder, the temporary parking lots located behind the Lowe Art Museum and across from the Daystar Health Center are scheduled to close on Dec. 7.

A Week for Life is an AIDS program to promote the celebration of life through education and awareness. The quilts produced by student organizations will be used in the processional at UM during the AW4L events Feb. 3 – 7, and then sent to Washington, D.C. There is no cost for your organization, only the time spent on creating the quilt. If your organization is interested in creating an AIDS quilt or if you have any questions please notify Jennifer McGarvey at j.mcgarvey@umiami.edu by Dec. 2.
Commuters: need a UM phone directory? Feel free to stop by the Information Desk on the first floor of the University Center to pick one up.

The International Business Fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi will be sponsoring a Holiday Charity Drive for the CHARLEE Program, which provides services to abused, abandoned and neglected children. There will be collection boxes in the lobbies of the residential colleges and in the undergraduate business office, Merrick 104. Donate new and unwrapped toys, baby necessities and children’s apparel from Sunday, Nov. 17 thru Tuesday, Dec. 3. Be one of CHARLEE’s Angels, and help brighten the holiday season for a deserving child. For more information, please send contact Marline Olivier at m.olivier@umiami.edu, or Karla Cato at karlacato@hotmail.com.

Attention seniors, your time is running out to get your portrait in the 2003 Ibis Yearbook. Go to www.mcgrathstudios.com, password: Ibis, to sign up for a time. There is a $15 sitting fee.

The Wellness Center will operate on a reduced schedule during the Thanksgiving break. The following hours are in effect: Wednesday, Nov. 27, 6:30 a.m. – 9 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 28, Closed, Friday, Nov. 29, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...