News Briefs

The University of Miami’s one and only televised quiz show returns for its second season. Taping for UMIQ is set for Friday, Nov. 22, with episodes airing in spring 2003. Episodes are as follows: #1: Greeks vs. Stanford, #2: Pearson vs. Eaton, #3: Mahoney vs. Hecht, #4: Apartments vs. Commuters. Winners from each episode will move on to the finals. Thousands of dollars are up for grabs. See www.umiq.miami.edu for more details.

With the recent re-opening of the second floor for parking in the Ponce de Leon Garage, all holders of current UM parking permits and temporary passes are welcome to these additional spaces. Stay tuned for future updates on the imminent completion of this expanded facility. As a reminder, the temporary parking lots located behind the Lowe Art Museum and across from the Daystar Health Center are scheduled to close on Dec. 7.

A Week for Life is an AIDS program to promote the celebration of life through education and awareness. The quilts produced by student organizations will be used in the processional at UM during the AW4L events Feb. 3 – 7, and then sent to Washington, D.C. There is no cost for your organization, only the time spent on creating the quilt. If your organization is interested in creating an AIDS quilt or if you have any questions please notify Jennifer McGarvey at j.mcgarvey@umiami.edu by Dec. 2.
Commuters: need a UM phone directory? Feel free to stop by the Information Desk on the first floor of the University Center to pick one up.

The International Business Fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi will be sponsoring a Holiday Charity Drive for the CHARLEE Program, which provides services to abused, abandoned and neglected children. There will be collection boxes in the lobbies of the residential colleges and in the undergraduate business office, Merrick 104. Donate new and unwrapped toys, baby necessities and children’s apparel from Sunday, Nov. 17 thru Tuesday, Dec. 3. Be one of CHARLEE’s Angels, and help brighten the holiday season for a deserving child. For more information, please send contact Marline Olivier at m.olivier@umiami.edu, or Karla Cato at karlacato@hotmail.com.

Attention seniors, your time is running out to get your portrait in the 2003 Ibis Yearbook. Go to www.mcgrathstudios.com, password: Ibis, to sign up for a time. There is a $15 sitting fee.

The Wellness Center will operate on a reduced schedule during the Thanksgiving break. The following hours are in effect: Wednesday, Nov. 27, 6:30 a.m. – 9 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 28, Closed, Friday, Nov. 29, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...