News Briefs

The University of Miami’s one and only televised quiz show returns for its second season. Taping for UMIQ is set for Friday, Nov. 22, with episodes airing in spring 2003. Episodes are as follows: #1: Greeks vs. Stanford, #2: Pearson vs. Eaton, #3: Mahoney vs. Hecht, #4: Apartments vs. Commuters. Winners from each episode will move on to the finals. Thousands of dollars are up for grabs. See www.umiq.miami.edu for more details.

With the recent re-opening of the second floor for parking in the Ponce de Leon Garage, all holders of current UM parking permits and temporary passes are welcome to these additional spaces. Stay tuned for future updates on the imminent completion of this expanded facility. As a reminder, the temporary parking lots located behind the Lowe Art Museum and across from the Daystar Health Center are scheduled to close on Dec. 7.

A Week for Life is an AIDS program to promote the celebration of life through education and awareness. The quilts produced by student organizations will be used in the processional at UM during the AW4L events Feb. 3 – 7, and then sent to Washington, D.C. There is no cost for your organization, only the time spent on creating the quilt. If your organization is interested in creating an AIDS quilt or if you have any questions please notify Jennifer McGarvey at j.mcgarvey@umiami.edu by Dec. 2.
Commuters: need a UM phone directory? Feel free to stop by the Information Desk on the first floor of the University Center to pick one up.

The International Business Fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi will be sponsoring a Holiday Charity Drive for the CHARLEE Program, which provides services to abused, abandoned and neglected children. There will be collection boxes in the lobbies of the residential colleges and in the undergraduate business office, Merrick 104. Donate new and unwrapped toys, baby necessities and children’s apparel from Sunday, Nov. 17 thru Tuesday, Dec. 3. Be one of CHARLEE’s Angels, and help brighten the holiday season for a deserving child. For more information, please send contact Marline Olivier at m.olivier@umiami.edu, or Karla Cato at karlacato@hotmail.com.

Attention seniors, your time is running out to get your portrait in the 2003 Ibis Yearbook. Go to www.mcgrathstudios.com, password: Ibis, to sign up for a time. There is a $15 sitting fee.

The Wellness Center will operate on a reduced schedule during the Thanksgiving break. The following hours are in effect: Wednesday, Nov. 27, 6:30 a.m. – 9 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 28, Closed, Friday, Nov. 29, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...