Entertainment News

“The King of Pop” has it bad these days. Not only did Michael Jackson have to appear in court for a breach-of-contract $21 million lawsuit claiming he owes loot for pulling out of two millennium concerts, but he also might have gone through way too much surgery and too many nose jobs. “His nose is more collapsed than it ever was. That’s also consistent with the fact he’s been walking around wearing surgical masks in recent times,” Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Fleming said on Friday. With each operation, the blood circulation to the area decreases and the risks of scarring and infection increase. “I would never go back and do work on Michael Jackson’s nose … it is just too risky,” Fleming added.

“Party Drugs” are becoming trendy in Singapore’s young and rebellious. Abusing drugs such as Ketamine, Ecstasy and “Ice” (an amphetamine-type stimulant) is common, despite tough drug laws and painstaking crackdowns on drug rings. The government is therefore distributing copies of make-believe accounts of substance abusers to alert the youth.

Standing in the Shadows of Motown is a new flick highlighting the lesser-known musicians that helped make stars of legends such as Diana Ross and Smokey Robinson. It hit theatres last Friday.

The grim, gloomy world of thugged-out hip hop makes news once again as three associates of Death Row Records founder Suge Knight, Kordell Depree Knox, Michael Payne and Theodore Kelly have been arrested for allegedly conspiring to murder a gang rival. Compton police affirmed that the arrests have nothing to do with the Biggie and Tupac murders and that Knight is not a suspect either. Sure.

A Nirvana “best-of” compilation has just been released and debuted in the top ten in 11 countries. The album features the never-before-released track “You Know You’re Right” and, moreover, a book amassed from frontman Kurt Cobain’s many journal entries may very well make the New York Times’ number one spot on their best seller list that will be published on Nov. 24.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...