Entertainment News

“The King of Pop” has it bad these days. Not only did Michael Jackson have to appear in court for a breach-of-contract $21 million lawsuit claiming he owes loot for pulling out of two millennium concerts, but he also might have gone through way too much surgery and too many nose jobs. “His nose is more collapsed than it ever was. That’s also consistent with the fact he’s been walking around wearing surgical masks in recent times,” Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Fleming said on Friday. With each operation, the blood circulation to the area decreases and the risks of scarring and infection increase. “I would never go back and do work on Michael Jackson’s nose … it is just too risky,” Fleming added.

“Party Drugs” are becoming trendy in Singapore’s young and rebellious. Abusing drugs such as Ketamine, Ecstasy and “Ice” (an amphetamine-type stimulant) is common, despite tough drug laws and painstaking crackdowns on drug rings. The government is therefore distributing copies of make-believe accounts of substance abusers to alert the youth.

Standing in the Shadows of Motown is a new flick highlighting the lesser-known musicians that helped make stars of legends such as Diana Ross and Smokey Robinson. It hit theatres last Friday.

The grim, gloomy world of thugged-out hip hop makes news once again as three associates of Death Row Records founder Suge Knight, Kordell Depree Knox, Michael Payne and Theodore Kelly have been arrested for allegedly conspiring to murder a gang rival. Compton police affirmed that the arrests have nothing to do with the Biggie and Tupac murders and that Knight is not a suspect either. Sure.

A Nirvana “best-of” compilation has just been released and debuted in the top ten in 11 countries. The album features the never-before-released track “You Know You’re Right” and, moreover, a book amassed from frontman Kurt Cobain’s many journal entries may very well make the New York Times’ number one spot on their best seller list that will be published on Nov. 24.

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The Miami Hurricanes football coaching staff is officially complete. UM announced Friday that Taylor ...

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

Check out the January edition of the University of Miami's e-magazine. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the young season after securing a ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first doubleheader of the season Saturday in ...