She Loves You, yeah yeah yeah

Take a date to Love Night
The Ring Theatre is hoping that local lovebirds looking for a break from the ordinary dinner and a movie will flock to “Love Night,” an evening created to celebrate love and happiness, organisers said.
“This is about giving one night to couples. We’re trying to make it a great evening from beginning to end,” said Karla Hernandez of UM Media Relations.
Love Night will be taking place on the opening night of She Loves Me, a romantic musical based on the same play that generated the film You’ve Got Mail. The play is being presented from Nov. 15 to Nov. 24.
Tuesday’s performance is limited exclusively to University of Miami students. Entrance is free with the presentation of a ‘Cane Card, but Hernandez recommends that students arrive half an hour before the show.
“I think that it’s a good idea because there are so many couples looking for something to do in Miami. They have the chance to be together in a romantic setting,” said sophomore Marvin Roberts.
And the benefits aren’t limited to quality time together.
Each couple in attendance to the show will be presented with a rose. There will also be giveaways from sponsors such as Sephora and the Wellness Center, who will be giving away a free dance lesson.
A seven-day Caribbean cruise donated by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines will be raffled off. Tickets will be sold before the show and at intermission, and the winner will be announced at the final show on Nov. 24.
“It would be an awesome place to take someone on a date because it’s romantic,” said senior Manuel Delemos. “And, the chance to win a trip makes it even better.”
Plans have been proposed for a candidate to be chosen to propose on stage at the end of the evening, but these plans had to be cancelled because of a lack of applicants, but organisers said that they hope that the night will still be amorous for couples in attendance.
“She Loves Me is a delightful romantic comedy filled with thoughts of love and happy ever after,” said chairperson of Theater Arts Vincent J. Cardinal.
“I think it’s a good idea because you get to spend quality time with your boyfriend or girlfriend,” said sophomore Maria Guevara. ” It’s something different to attend instead of the movies.”
Some students said they felt the event was decidedly anti-single.
” I am bitter, and nothing that has to do with love interests me,” said single senior Matt Valero.
But single sophomore, Debbie Beckford had more positive ideas on the show.
” I don’t have anyone, but I would still like to go and get a rose and feel special,” said Beckford.
The program may even inadvertently create some new romances.
Freshman Erica Givens said, ” I’ll love anyone if I get to go to the Caribbean.”
For more information on Love Night or to purchase tickets for She Loves Me, contact the UM Ring Theatre by calling 305-284-3355 or by visiting their website at www.miami.edu/ring.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...