She Loves You, yeah yeah yeah

Take a date to Love Night
The Ring Theatre is hoping that local lovebirds looking for a break from the ordinary dinner and a movie will flock to “Love Night,” an evening created to celebrate love and happiness, organisers said.
“This is about giving one night to couples. We’re trying to make it a great evening from beginning to end,” said Karla Hernandez of UM Media Relations.
Love Night will be taking place on the opening night of She Loves Me, a romantic musical based on the same play that generated the film You’ve Got Mail. The play is being presented from Nov. 15 to Nov. 24.
Tuesday’s performance is limited exclusively to University of Miami students. Entrance is free with the presentation of a ‘Cane Card, but Hernandez recommends that students arrive half an hour before the show.
“I think that it’s a good idea because there are so many couples looking for something to do in Miami. They have the chance to be together in a romantic setting,” said sophomore Marvin Roberts.
And the benefits aren’t limited to quality time together.
Each couple in attendance to the show will be presented with a rose. There will also be giveaways from sponsors such as Sephora and the Wellness Center, who will be giving away a free dance lesson.
A seven-day Caribbean cruise donated by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines will be raffled off. Tickets will be sold before the show and at intermission, and the winner will be announced at the final show on Nov. 24.
“It would be an awesome place to take someone on a date because it’s romantic,” said senior Manuel Delemos. “And, the chance to win a trip makes it even better.”
Plans have been proposed for a candidate to be chosen to propose on stage at the end of the evening, but these plans had to be cancelled because of a lack of applicants, but organisers said that they hope that the night will still be amorous for couples in attendance.
“She Loves Me is a delightful romantic comedy filled with thoughts of love and happy ever after,” said chairperson of Theater Arts Vincent J. Cardinal.
“I think it’s a good idea because you get to spend quality time with your boyfriend or girlfriend,” said sophomore Maria Guevara. ” It’s something different to attend instead of the movies.”
Some students said they felt the event was decidedly anti-single.
” I am bitter, and nothing that has to do with love interests me,” said single senior Matt Valero.
But single sophomore, Debbie Beckford had more positive ideas on the show.
” I don’t have anyone, but I would still like to go and get a rose and feel special,” said Beckford.
The program may even inadvertently create some new romances.
Freshman Erica Givens said, ” I’ll love anyone if I get to go to the Caribbean.”
For more information on Love Night or to purchase tickets for She Loves Me, contact the UM Ring Theatre by calling 305-284-3355 or by visiting their website at www.miami.edu/ring.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...