Entertainment News

8 Mile, the first film starring contentious white rapper Eminem, gave a kick in the groin to its competition and hit the No. 1 spot at the North American box office, selling $54.5 million worth of tickets. Moreover, the movie’s soundtrack, produced by the artist, also topped the U.S. pop charts. This white mutha’s on a roll.

After taking a hiatus from touring with the Grammy-winning Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers, Bob Marley’s first-born daughter, Cedella Marley, decided to take up fashion. She presented her clothing line, Catch A Fire, for Caribbean Fashionweek in Kingston, Jamaica last Saturday. She hasn’t had any formal training as a designer and emphasizes a denim and urban theme in her wear.

Police fans might want to head to New York because the rock group that originated songs such as “Roxanne” and “Message in a Bottle” will reunite for one last show next year. Stewart Copeland, the band’s ex-drummer, announced at a news conference in Milan where he was performing with Stewart Copeland’s Orchestralli: “I am a dinosaur of rock. We’re going to get together again after nearly 20 years.” Sounds a little haughty, but the Police will play at an induction ceremony in March to inaugurate itself as well as AC/DC, Elvis Costello, the Attractions and the Clash into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

A herd of 10,000 fans broke into pandemonium after assembling in Vancouver to see Guns ‘N’ Roses for their first tour together in nine years and, not surprisingly, lead singer Axl Rose didn’t appear. Promoters called off the concert an hour before it was supposed to begin and rapacious goers began shouting, “Bullshit, bullshit.” At 7:30 p.m., the mob of people then rushed the front gates of the arena demolishing the doors, shattering ticket booth windows and setting off fireworks. Police wrestled for peace with pepper spray, attack dogs and batons. Rose was held up in a late flight and will play in Tacoma, Washington next.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...