Entertainment News

8 Mile, the first film starring contentious white rapper Eminem, gave a kick in the groin to its competition and hit the No. 1 spot at the North American box office, selling $54.5 million worth of tickets. Moreover, the movie’s soundtrack, produced by the artist, also topped the U.S. pop charts. This white mutha’s on a roll.

After taking a hiatus from touring with the Grammy-winning Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers, Bob Marley’s first-born daughter, Cedella Marley, decided to take up fashion. She presented her clothing line, Catch A Fire, for Caribbean Fashionweek in Kingston, Jamaica last Saturday. She hasn’t had any formal training as a designer and emphasizes a denim and urban theme in her wear.

Police fans might want to head to New York because the rock group that originated songs such as “Roxanne” and “Message in a Bottle” will reunite for one last show next year. Stewart Copeland, the band’s ex-drummer, announced at a news conference in Milan where he was performing with Stewart Copeland’s Orchestralli: “I am a dinosaur of rock. We’re going to get together again after nearly 20 years.” Sounds a little haughty, but the Police will play at an induction ceremony in March to inaugurate itself as well as AC/DC, Elvis Costello, the Attractions and the Clash into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

A herd of 10,000 fans broke into pandemonium after assembling in Vancouver to see Guns ‘N’ Roses for their first tour together in nine years and, not surprisingly, lead singer Axl Rose didn’t appear. Promoters called off the concert an hour before it was supposed to begin and rapacious goers began shouting, “Bullshit, bullshit.” At 7:30 p.m., the mob of people then rushed the front gates of the arena demolishing the doors, shattering ticket booth windows and setting off fireworks. Police wrestled for peace with pepper spray, attack dogs and batons. Rose was held up in a late flight and will play in Tacoma, Washington next.

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The Miami Hurricanes football coaching staff is officially complete. UM announced Friday that Taylor ...

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

Check out the January edition of the University of Miami's e-magazine. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the young season after securing a ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first doubleheader of the season Saturday in ...