Sports Briefs

Golf
University of Miami sophomore Tina Miller fired a final-round 79 to finish in eighth-place with a three-round total of 227 at the Pine Needles Collegiate held at Pine Needles Golf Club in Southern Pines, NC.
As a team the Hurricanes shot 319 on Tuesday finishing in fifth-place with a three-round score of 929. North Carolina finished first with a score of 899 while host North Carolina State took second (907).
UM juniors Camilla Hilland and Jazmin Cataldo both finished in a tie for 16th with scores of 233. Freshman Urd Pedersen finished in a tie for 29th (236) while Ashley Lamoureux finished 50th (248).
The tournament concludes the fall season for the Hurricanes. Miami will begin the spring season, Feb. 24-25, at the UCF Invitational in Orlando, FL.

Volleyball
University of Miami volleyball player Marcela Gamarra was selected for Big East Player of the Week honors following a breakout week in which she led the Hurricanes to three wins over Florida Atlantic as well as Big East Conference teams St. John’s and UConn.
During the stretch, the Hurricanes refused to yield so much as a game.
Gamarra led the Hurricanes in the kills category in two of the victories and tied with the other team leaders in one.
Gamarra dominated play in UM’s 3-0 win over Florida Atlantic, generating a match high .486 hitting percentage and match high 19 kills.
In a pivotal BIG EAST win over UConn, Ganmarra led with a match high .387 hitting percentage, a match high 15 kills, and also a match high 11 digs. UConn has traditionally been among the stronger programs in the Big East.

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...