Sports Briefs

Golf
University of Miami sophomore Tina Miller fired a final-round 79 to finish in eighth-place with a three-round total of 227 at the Pine Needles Collegiate held at Pine Needles Golf Club in Southern Pines, NC.
As a team the Hurricanes shot 319 on Tuesday finishing in fifth-place with a three-round score of 929. North Carolina finished first with a score of 899 while host North Carolina State took second (907).
UM juniors Camilla Hilland and Jazmin Cataldo both finished in a tie for 16th with scores of 233. Freshman Urd Pedersen finished in a tie for 29th (236) while Ashley Lamoureux finished 50th (248).
The tournament concludes the fall season for the Hurricanes. Miami will begin the spring season, Feb. 24-25, at the UCF Invitational in Orlando, FL.

Volleyball
University of Miami volleyball player Marcela Gamarra was selected for Big East Player of the Week honors following a breakout week in which she led the Hurricanes to three wins over Florida Atlantic as well as Big East Conference teams St. John’s and UConn.
During the stretch, the Hurricanes refused to yield so much as a game.
Gamarra led the Hurricanes in the kills category in two of the victories and tied with the other team leaders in one.
Gamarra dominated play in UM’s 3-0 win over Florida Atlantic, generating a match high .486 hitting percentage and match high 19 kills.
In a pivotal BIG EAST win over UConn, Ganmarra led with a match high .387 hitting percentage, a match high 15 kills, and also a match high 11 digs. UConn has traditionally been among the stronger programs in the Big East.

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...