Letter to the Editor

The 2002 Homecoming Executive Committee would like to extend our sincere appreciation and gratitude to all of the students and organizations that helped to make this year’s Homecoming festivities the best ever. The amount of participation, event attendance, and spirit that was evidenced was truly record breaking and unparalleled, and all Hurricanes are to be commended for their help in this regard.
We would be remiss if we did not acknowledge and thank over 30 members of the Executive Committee without which Homecoming would not be possible. They were faced with the challenge of having to organize two weeks worth of events in half the amount of time, due to an earlier than usual football schedule, and came through with flying colors.
We understand that nothing is truly perfect and we welcome your suggestions to help make next year’s Homecoming even better. Additionally, if you want to play an integral part in organizing next year’s festivities, we urge you to stop by the Student Activities office to apply for a position on next year’s Homecoming Executive Committee.
Only time will tell how memorable the events of the past few weeks truly were. However, we have great faith that this year’s Homecoming will be remembered as one that united all Hurricanes with the spirit of our alma mater as we journeyed on “The Road Home” to the University of Miami. Thank you and Go Canes!

Sincerely,
Julio J. Barroso and Lucy Evans
Homecoming Chairs

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...