Letter to the Editor

The 2002 Homecoming Executive Committee would like to extend our sincere appreciation and gratitude to all of the students and organizations that helped to make this year’s Homecoming festivities the best ever. The amount of participation, event attendance, and spirit that was evidenced was truly record breaking and unparalleled, and all Hurricanes are to be commended for their help in this regard.
We would be remiss if we did not acknowledge and thank over 30 members of the Executive Committee without which Homecoming would not be possible. They were faced with the challenge of having to organize two weeks worth of events in half the amount of time, due to an earlier than usual football schedule, and came through with flying colors.
We understand that nothing is truly perfect and we welcome your suggestions to help make next year’s Homecoming even better. Additionally, if you want to play an integral part in organizing next year’s festivities, we urge you to stop by the Student Activities office to apply for a position on next year’s Homecoming Executive Committee.
Only time will tell how memorable the events of the past few weeks truly were. However, we have great faith that this year’s Homecoming will be remembered as one that united all Hurricanes with the spirit of our alma mater as we journeyed on “The Road Home” to the University of Miami. Thank you and Go Canes!

Sincerely,
Julio J. Barroso and Lucy Evans
Homecoming Chairs

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex