Letter to the Editor

The 2002 Homecoming Executive Committee would like to extend our sincere appreciation and gratitude to all of the students and organizations that helped to make this year’s Homecoming festivities the best ever. The amount of participation, event attendance, and spirit that was evidenced was truly record breaking and unparalleled, and all Hurricanes are to be commended for their help in this regard.
We would be remiss if we did not acknowledge and thank over 30 members of the Executive Committee without which Homecoming would not be possible. They were faced with the challenge of having to organize two weeks worth of events in half the amount of time, due to an earlier than usual football schedule, and came through with flying colors.
We understand that nothing is truly perfect and we welcome your suggestions to help make next year’s Homecoming even better. Additionally, if you want to play an integral part in organizing next year’s festivities, we urge you to stop by the Student Activities office to apply for a position on next year’s Homecoming Executive Committee.
Only time will tell how memorable the events of the past few weeks truly were. However, we have great faith that this year’s Homecoming will be remembered as one that united all Hurricanes with the spirit of our alma mater as we journeyed on “The Road Home” to the University of Miami. Thank you and Go Canes!

Sincerely,
Julio J. Barroso and Lucy Evans
Homecoming Chairs

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Apollo 11 astronaut’s moonwalk, which took place 50 years ago Saturday, is remembered by members of ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

The ITA released Thursday its academic accolades for the 2018-19 season and the University of Miami ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...